• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storytellers breakfast in early February ?

jadepansy459

Earning My Ears
Hey!

I am doing some budgeting and I just have enough for a character buffet on our trip next Feb, hooray! (4th Feb with 4 day tix)
I am a rope dropper so won't want to jeopardise this at all and have seen Storytellers only does character breakfast. What time is it likely to open early Feb ? It's showing as 7am currently so just want some advise on whether I could dine AND get a decent spot for rope drop??
Won't be interested in brunch as we like to do parks for the first half of the day.

Alternative is goofys kitchen for dinner.

Comparison between the two?
Thanks 👍

I don't think there is any way to eat early breakfast at Storytellers and still make rope drop. This year the parks opened at 8 in February. I think 7 may be the earliest breakfast time. It’s probably going to take more than an hour to get seated, get food, and see all the characters (plus then you’ll need time to get to and through the gates). And if you’re spending all that money on a character meal, why rush through it and be stressed? If you don’t want to do a brunch, then I think Goody’s dinner is your better bet.

Brunch was great. Really good selection. If you are doing DCA, it's a really easy walk. DL isn't very far either. Try doing the latest brunch time possible to take advantage of the early morning hours.

Thanks everyone! I'm considering doing it on the day we actually depart as our flight isn't until a bit later on.
That's what we did and it was the best. We were staying at GCH and check out was 11 so I booked an 11:15 brunch. The food was great, the service was fantastic, it was a nice relaxed atmosphere, and when we were done we hung out at the pool for about 4 hours until it was time to head to the airport.

Do you know current pricing on the breakfast and the buffet? Thanks so much.
I don't remember exactly, but I do remember the brunch offered a lot more options and was only $2 more per person. I think it was $49 for breakfast and $51 for brunch. Both are all you care to enjoy.

My family loves the character breakfast at Storytellers Cafe. We always book it for the morning we depart so that it doesn’t interfere with our time in the parks.

Hey!

I am doing some budgeting and I just have enough for a character buffet on our trip next Feb, hooray! (4th Feb with 4 day tix)
I am a rope dropper so won't want to jeopardise this at all and have seen Storytellers only does character breakfast. What time is it likely to open early Feb ? It's showing as 7am currently so just want some advise on whether I could dine AND get a decent spot for rope drop??
Won't be interested in brunch as we like to do parks for the first half of the day.

Alternative is goofys kitchen for dinner.

Comparison between the two?
Thanks 👍

Storytellers also does a character brunch…. I know you said you aren’t interested, but the last seating is 1:15. That gives you tons of time to make the most of your morning. We did brunch last week and the food was delicious and the characters amazing!

We haven’t been impressed with either the food or character interactions… or lack thereof at Goofy’s Kitchen post Covid, and we find the food at dinner particularly mediocre at best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter