"Strap me in!": newbie Q about IOA

bellthecat

Earning My Ears
I've been to USF before, but will be experiencing IOA for the first time in December.

I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to thrill rides that have sudden drops - especially the ones where you literally fly off your seat for a few seconds. :( I figure it's about time I conquer this fear, but I'd still like to be prepared.

Which rides strap you in tightly (lap and shoulder belts, etc), and which ones drop you with only one lap bar holding you in?

Hey dude.

Both Hulk and Dueling Dragons use "over the shoulder restraints" and don't really have sudden drops that make your stomach lurch. The only rides that have lapbars are Flying Unicorn (junior coaster) and Pteranadon Flyer (kiddie suspended coaster).

I'd say you're good to go buddy!

Yeah, they all have the restraints, but Dr. Dooms Fear Fall still raises you out of the seat!!! It's a blast!

Jurassic Park River Adventure has an 85 ft drop at the end and you're restrained by a lapbar.

Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls has a 75 ft drop at the end, but no lapbar.

Cat in the Hat and Spider-Man have lapbars, but no drops. One Fish Two Fish and Caro-Seuss-el have seatbelts, but no drops. ;)

Dueling Dragons (on Fire) does have that one drop that will make you lift out of your seat for a moment...I love that. I make sure that my shoulder restraints are not on as tight, just so I can get that thrilling feeling :) Hehehehe :)

Just remember though... Lap bar or not all the rides are perfectly safe! Go have fun and conquer your fear because once you do you will never look back!

Dave

Agree with Dave only way to do it is hit the rides hard once you've done 1 you will wonder what all the fuss was about I know I did:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter