• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

stroller getting soaked

E

erddig

We leave in 8 days!:pinkbounc

I was wondering if anyone had experience or suggestions for keeping the stroller dry. I was thinking when the stroller is parked and we are in an attraction. I do have a "rain bonnet" from our year in Britian but it can be rather cumbersome. If we watch the weather in the AM is it fairly accurate? I would hate to have a soaking wet seat for our 6mo.

Pam

Hi Pam!

I am not sure if by "rain bonnet" you are meaning "poncho" - but that would be my suggestion. When we have taken our stoller, DH would always cover it with an extra poncho whenever we went on an attraction and it looked like rain.

Also, you can always expect an unexpected shower in central Florida. You cannot count on them being predicted before you leave in the morning.

I hope that you have a wonderful trip! :)

... that does not have ribs like your British version. The best value-priced selection of these I have seen is at the Baby Depot branches of Burlington Coat Factory stores. (Caution: bring your stroller with you to size them, Baby Depot does not give refunds, only store credits.)
I have a single, but I bought a cover for a tandem, because I wanted it to cover the entire stroller including the cargo basket. I believe I paid $8 for it. I leave it on the stroller all the time at WDW, and just pleat it back into the fold of the hood when not in use, which keeps it mostly out of the way.

If you don't want to go with a new cover, another good solution is a new clear plastic shower curtain liner, and a handful of small utility clamps (clothespins are usually not large enough, get small clamps from a home center.) This version has the advantage of being reusable for other purposes. WARNING: Careful with this technique if the child is in the stroller; the lack of ventilation panels poses a suffocation risk!

Hi, we bring our vented stroller cover for ds all the time to the parks. It's a very thick clear plastic with vents and holes for cirulation and valcor fasteners. It actually folds up pretty small and flat. We place it way back in the stroller carrier or at the bottom of the back pack. Happy to say, didn't need it last April. Good Luck! Have a wonderful time! Sandra

Thanks for the replies. I was planning on taking the rain bonnet (cover) since we are driving and staying at Ft. Wilderness. It does fold fairly flat. The biggest problem is it interferes with acess to the basket and the cup holders;) , and I really like my cup holders. On the days we don't expect rain, I can just throw a poncho over it. If all else fails I can just throw it ( the cover not the stroller lol) in the dryer.

I was just at a meeting at school (I'm a teacher) and two of my collegues are planning trips to WDW next year. Looks like people are traveling and heading to the happiest place on earth.

Thanks for the well wishes for our trip I can't wait. We were there Feb 2001 and I was pregnant, Rock n Roller coaster here I come.

:pinkbounc

Pam

The last time I went to WDW, I used a clear plastic shower curtain to cover our stroller. It cost just over a dollar, packed flat, and served its purpose quite well. I used some of those large hair clips to attach it how I wanted to the stroller.

Yes, you need to cover your stroller (unless your little one likes that squishy feel...)

And no, the weather forecasts are not always accurate...

Any other questions I can help you with???

:D

I would definately bring the rain "bonnet" or hood if you have one that fits your stroller. You need not pack it every day - just watch the weather. We do however always pack a few wallmart ponchos at .50 to 1.00 each. If rain suddenly threatens and you don't have the bonnet a poncho over the stroller will do the trick. We always try and park ours under cover anyway to protect from the sun. A clip on umbrella will provide extra shade and protection from the rain as well. Enjoy.

TJ

We got stuck in a downpour one year and everything was soaked with puddles...but I still don't remember to bring a cover the next year...go figure....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter