Stroller or Carrier? Which brands?

RedsRock

Earning My Ears
Taking a 4 yr old and a 4 month old in October.

Definately want to take a carrier. Any recommendations as to brands? I am looking at the Baby Bjorn (XL straps - I'm 6'1", wife is 5'10"). Anyone have this one? How do they work on the rides, etc.

Also, should we take a stroller as well? If so, recommendations as to brand would be great.

Thanks!!!

The 4 year old will definitely need a stroller. WDW is a lot of walking for a little person:D You could always rent one in the park, though their strollers aren't my favorite. Dh thought the handles weren't tall enough (he's 6') and I didn't think they had enough storage space or looked very comfortable. If you're looking into buying a stroller, I can tell you what we have and how much we love it. It's a Maclaren umbrella stroller. It has nice long handles, it reclines, has a large canopy, ample storage and folds up really easily and compactly. They're not cheap; but with a 4 month old it might be worth the investment. JMHO, but if you're going to have a carrier also, I don't know if I would bother with a double stroller. Your 4 year old will probably walk a good bit, and the baby could be in the stroller while the older one is walking. Hope this helps-Dana

I would take both the stroller and carrier.

Baby Bjorn is a great carrier! I used one with DD and she loved to face front and be carried around. It's easy to get on and off and put baby in. But definetly practice before you get to WDW. Our DD at 4 months did not like a stroller for very long so I carried her everywhere in the Baby Bjorn. It's easy to go on rides with this carrier too as long as baby is facing front. When you sit down baby will sit right on your lap in the carrier. Our DD used to fall asleep in it as well.

The stroller can be used for your 4 year old when she is tired and for the 4 month old when she wants to be pushed or is sleeping. Plus its great for holding the diaper bag and all the other stuff you cart around.

Have fun!

that I suggest trying as many as you can with baby in the store, BRU and most speciality stores will let you do this. Then practice wearing baby as much as possible with a few different carries (dh too!). I had a different carrier/sling with each of my children as they prefered different positions etc. A sling or carrier is a lifesaver at WDW esp with a 4mo - you will be able to wear baby through the lines as well as one the rides, my youngest was 6mo old her first trip.

I do suggest both the carrier or sling and a stroller esp with a 4yo and 4mo. The 4yo will be tired toward evening and if the 4mo will nap in the stroller it will give you and dh's backs a break. I suggest a lightweight stroller that fully reclines and has a basket. You will want to be able to fold it fairly small for the bus or tram. Have fun shopping and on your trip.
TJ

I don't know anything about Baby Bjorn, but I love my Parenting Concepts sling. My DD has been using it since the day she was born. She's almost 3, and still uses it occasionally. My 6'6" DH carried her in it just the other day. (They sell a tall version, but mine is the regular size. He was still able to use it.)

Here's a link: http://www.parentingconcepts.com. Ask them about clearance slings. They don't advertise them, but they do sell them. I got my last one for $18. It's an unusual fabric :) but it's fine for me.

yes yes yes the baby bjorn is a greatest at wdw. two thumbs way up. bring an umbrella stroller for your 4 year old and the carseat/carrier with stroller frame, baby trend makes a good one. you'll want the carrier to have the baby sit in while you eat, just drop it onto their wooden highchairs (evenflo right side up highchair, all other rest in the base of the upside down highchair). you'll want thecarrier for lines and places you cant take the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter