Stroller questions...

KatieKate16

Mouseketeer
Going Sat. w/ DD5.5...torn between bringing/renting a stroller. She does not use one very often anymore, but wdw is a different story.
1) Do the rented strollers have storage for backpack, etc.?
2) Do all strollers have covers to protect from the sun?
3) Ever have problems with them not working well (ie. going the direction you want it go to!)
4) Are they as big as they seem? I'm 5' tall...am wondering if I'll have a difficult time manuvering.

I'm trying to remember but IMHO we had plenty of room for storage as the strollers were quite wide and had a lot of floorspace so there was room for DD and our stuff! They are quite big but should be no problem for you. I can't remember about the sun-shade, sorry.
I would rent so that you don't have to carry it with you at all times: on the plane, in restaurants. My DD is 5 and would be offended to be treated like a baby all the time. Anyway, you know your child best. Maybe if you did bring your stroller, she could nap while you had a nice meal ( we've done this before).
Sorry, don't know if I was much help
Claire

We always rent a stroller. It is easier than taking one on the bus. The strollers are big and have a cover for the sun. They roll very easily. They are very easy to manuver.

If you are only going to use the stroller for the parks then I would rent one. If you think you will need it around the resort, DTD, or other areas, I would bring your own.

My DD, also 5, is very petite so we bring our own umbrella stroller for her, we also bring a lightweight reclining stroller for 2yr old.

If you go to the Disney for Families board, there are at least 3 stroller threads going on every page. There's lots of info and you might get a few more replies:wave2:

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

When DS was 2 1/2 and using a stroller most of the time, we found it easier to take our own. When DD was 4 and rarely used the stroller any more, we found it easier to rent one at WDW as we needed it. It would have been cheaper to take our own stroller, but not as convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter