Struggling with an album

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
So I'm struggling with our Disney Dec 2005 trip. Apparently we did a lot of park hopping, 1/2 days here and there (Which I don't remember) and there is no flow to the trip. It was a bad trip because I was so pregnant with DD I was in a lot of pain, hence me waiting so long to do it.

I have tried sorting by day and by park but neither have a nice rhythm to them. Nor does ABC.

Any suggestions?

We did Family Magic Tour and Candlelight Processional on this trip. Plus the boys were all part of the 3 Kings show and the Chinese Monkey King show.

Lots of good stuff, but it's just all willy nilly.

how about by category?

rides, shows, events, food, swimming etc.

good luck!

That's an idea.

I think I'm missing pics too. This was part of the group that was in my massive accidental delete several years ago. DH recovered what I thought was over 90% of my photos but it just doesn't make sense why I have 12 pics from MK and then huge blocks of time with nothing. Even though I was pregnant with DD, we still stayed in the parks all day. I think.

I like the category idea. Also what about "borrowing" pictures from the internet to fill in your gaps?

No rule says that scrapbook pages must go in a specific order! Go ahead and go by park or by event or whatever seems best to you, if you don't like the flow of day-by-day.

And like wdwmickey suggested, you can find photos online to fill in what you're missing. I wouldn't rely too heavily on these, as of course your family won't be in them. But you can fill in some of the blanks with others' photos - there are thousands of castle shots out there, for example. Just google the stuff you want to see, and I'm sure you'll find loads of results.

Good luck. :)

No rule says that scrapbook pages must go in a specific order! Go ahead and go by park or by event or whatever seems best to you, if you don't like the flow of day-by-day. And like wdwmickey suggested, you can find photos online to fill in what you're missing. I wouldn't rely too heavily on these, as of course your family won't be in them. But you can fill in some of the blanks with others' photos - there are thousands of castle shots out there, for example. Just google the stuff you want to see, and I'm sure you'll find loads of results. Good luck. :)

See that's where my OCD comes in though. They have to either be 100% chronological or by park but in chrono order by time of day.

I do have 12 trips to pull from with my personal pics but that feels like cheating! Lol
Nancy did get me a photo I was missing though.

I managed to plow through the Family Magic tour pages today and even was able to condense them down with 2 less pages. I just used one photo for each clue.
Then I started to drop photos into the story board on shutterfly, love this feature.
But now I am hitting my first road block. We apparently went to MK again the next morning but I have like 12-15 photos and that's it for the rest of the day. I know that's not right.
So I'm trying to incorporate those pics into either MK the day before with the FMT or wait and use them for a random collage filler page.

I think I'm going to pull the old laptops and CDs tomorrow to see if I missed something. Then pic DHs brain about the trip. His memory is excellent so he will know if something is missing. I just feel like we lost more photos than I originally thought and DH wasn't able to get them back.

Ha!! I just asked DH. I completely forgot that our brand new camera died on the second day so we went to Ritz camera and bought another one.
Our new camera was still under warranty but we had no way to get it fixed. And I wasn't spending 10 days at WDW with no camera!!

I'm glad you at least have an answer! We have one trip that we didn't take many pics at all, too. It was May 2007, and 90% of the pics are from SWW. That was the year DH got his DSLR anf spent thr entire trip taking beautiful pics with no people in them. I didn't realize it until we got home.

Buffy I feel your pain!! I had the hardest time trying to get our June Disneyland trip scrapbook started. I really missed so many photos/photo ops (it was our first time and I was ENTHRALLED) and forgot to take soo many pics. I too like my scrapbooks in chronological order but realized I had to try something different this time around. I did it the theme way and found some inspiration on Pintrest. I did a two page spread on our resort, broke it down by park, lumped all of our Carsland ride pics into one layout, did Carsland by day, doing another by night, you get the idea. Hope it works out for you!

Becky

I don't scrap chronologically, I do a mix of 1 and 2 page layouts, I do some traditional scrapping and some digital, and I mix some 8.5 x 11" pages in with my mostly 12 x 12" books. So I don't worry too much about the exact timing of pictures on my pages. I can't or I'd go absolutely nuts trying to fit everything into my albums in precise order! I figure it's good enough if it's roughly in chronological order. Could you maybe combine multiple days in one park into a collage-style spread? I don't know what would work and what would drive you nuts...

I'm glad you got answers about why your photo file was so empty for this trip. I have to admit that if my camera broke at the start of a Disney trip, or any vacation, really, I'd probably have a complete breakdown!

Consider that one more reason why I'm glad I spring for the Photopass/Memory Maker photos on my trips. They aren't always the best photos, but there are enough good ones to justify the cost, and I get the security of knowing that there are backups to my own photos, just in case! (Plus I get in the pictures too, which is rare for me. I'm always the one behind the lens!)

We were fairly new to our Disney obsession when we took this trip, hard to believe it was almost 10 years ago! But I didn't know about photo pass then.

I have dropped more photos into 2 page layouts so I'm making progress. I just need to come up with some semblance of order.

I have also discovered the main reason why I don't like digital. I can't see it. I mean, I see it, but it's so one dimensional on the computer it just doesn't sink into the brain. I feel a disconnect.
But I have to learn to love it, the kids want books but we lack room in the house and printed digital books take up a lot less room!

Finished and ordered!!
Doing this book digitally was a lot more time consuming than I thought but I had a deadline set for this past Wednesday since that was the last day of the Shutterfly 50% off sale.
I still have all the journalling to do when it gets here but that's the easiest part.

It ended up being 105 pages and I started out doing chronologically for the Family Magic tour up until the camera broke (1/2 way through day 2) then picked up chrono at Epcot but continued to do all of Epcot because I wanted all the countries together. Then did the rest by park ending again with MK because the last day we got to have a private meet and greet with Mary and Bert (boys were dressed as chimney sweeps) in between Christmas parades.

I hope it looks as good in person as it does in shutterfly.

Digital is hard. Harder than I want it to be but I have to learn to love it since that's how all the Disney albums will be from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter