Studio villa or regular resort hotel room?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Any advantages with booking a standard view studio verses a standard view regular resort room? Or vise versa? (cash reservations of course) I was thinking that with booking a studio villa I would be able to get free laundry like I have at Disney and Hilton Head, but I don't think that will be the case here in Aulani for some reason. Does one have a better possible location? I can't be going above the 5th floor, ya I have issues, lol. View is a non issue for me, if I were to get something over the top amazing, great, if I get the parking lot, great. The price is the exact same for both in September of next year.

How many people in your party? For 2 people, studio is best. The studio has a queen bed and pull out sofa, and the kitchenette. We prefer it even when travelling with our kids, as we get to fold up the sofa during the day and have more space. Older kids/adults probably wouldn’t enjoy the sofa as much. As for ‘standard’ views, better options with the studio.

With at least two people who will not share a bed, a regular resort room is best, so everyone gets a regular queen bed, & no one gets stuck with the pullout bed.

if two people in the same bed get the studio, the main difference is the studio has a queen, a pullout sofa, and a kitchenette with fridge, microwave and sink. If you don't need two beds having the pull out is much nicer than a second bed.

Related question -

Any difference between the 1 bedroom suite vs 1 bedroom villa? I know villa has the kitchen, etc...any advantage to the suite? I believe for the dates I'm looking the suite is much more expensive than the villa.

Related question -

Any difference between the 1 bedroom suite vs 1 bedroom villa? I know villa has the kitchen, etc...any advantage to the suite? I believe for the dates I'm looking the suite is much more expensive than the villa.
If I were going with the one bedroom, I would go with the villa. It has a washing machine in it and the other doesn't, right? I will have to budget at least a good $20 or more for laundry in a studio/hotel room, but no biggie, I will do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter