Stupid Fast Pass Question

crabmeal

Mouseketeer
It says each guest can get a pass every 2 hours. Is that for the same attraction? If I want to FP Space Mt and SplashMt can I get them at the same time or first one then 2 hours later, get a FP ticket for the other?

Im planning and planning we leave in one week:bounce:

No, you can only get one FP at a time. Once you get it, you can't get another one for an hour (unless it has changed to two hours now?).

When you look at the FP, it's going to show you the time window that you can go back to the ride and walk on it. It will also show you what time you are eligible to get another FP.

So, say you get a FP for Space Mountain at the MK at 10AM. The FP is good to return between 12:30 and 1:30. Also on the pass it would say that you could get another FP at 11AM. This means that even though you have yet to use your Space Mountain FP you can go and get a FP for Splash Mountain at 11AM.

Make sense? It's a lot more simple than it sounds.

Craig

Are there any rides that you can get a FP for but not connected to the system?
For example in DL you can get a Pirates FP even though you are holding a Splash Mtn. FP because Pirates is not hooked up to the FP system.:bounce:

The fastpass says the time you can get a new FP. Usually is less than 2 hours. The maximum time between FPs is 2 hours.

IandGsmom, I think in WDW all the FP rides are connected to the system.

I was in DL last year, ant PoC, HM and Grizzlie River rapids were not connected to the system, they were "free FP".

Before you decide to get a fast pass, is there a LCD display on the FP machine that tells you the approximate time your FP is good for?

By that I mean, does it say something to the effect of:

Fast Pass come back time is appx. 1 1/2 hours from now
or
Fast Pass come back time is appx. 3 hours from now

The reason I ask is because I would think that that would be a determining factor as to whether you want to get one or just wait in the regular line.

Does that make sense? :confused:

Yes, the current return time is displayed overhead at the FastPass area, before you get your FassPass. Be sure to check time when avl for another FassPass have read reports on DIS that some are less then an hour.

"So, say you get a FP for Space Mountain at the MK at 10AM. The FP is good to return between 12:30 and 1:30. Also on the pass it would say that you could get another FP at 11AM. This means that even though you have yet to use your Space Mountain FP you can go and get a FP for Splash Mountain at 11AM."

Not quite correct. In this situation you may get another FASTPASS at 12:00. The rule is: You may get another FASTPASS at the time the one you are holding becomes valid or 2 hours later, whichever comes first. Since the return time is 2 and 1/2 hours after the FASTPASS is printed, the 2 hour rule kicks in.

Actually, there is no longer a hard and fast 2 hour rule. Disney has upgraded the fast pass system. The FP ticket will now tell you the time when you can get another FP. Much of this depends on demand. Some people have reported being able to get a second FP only 10-15 minutes later. I believe the maximum time before you can get a new FP is either 2 hours (when demand is very high) or when the window for the attraction opens up, whichever is shorter. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Just returned, used FP alot. The way it works is u can get a FP 5 min after your return time or 2 hrs later, whichever is first. If you get a FP for a return of 10am you can get your next FP at 10:05. This will be printed on the bottom of your FP so you can be sure. I also found that the Haunted mansion is not connected to the system. Walked over to Splash Mountain for FP on the way back tried HM and got one. When time came up for Splash Mountain return time I was able to get another FP even though HM return time did not come up. With a little leg work and some paying attention to return times you can get 5 or 6 FP before the times get to late. Save them for when the park gets crowded since they don't expire.

So they don't expire huh?
I was just going to ask about how often you can get a fp.

So if you have a fp that says to return between 10-12..you can go back at 2??

thanks,
Laura

They will sometimes lower the time between fastpasses for less popular rides on less crowded days. I got a fastpass for Jungle Cruise last May, the return time was about 45 minutes later but it said I could get another fastpass in 5 minutes. There have also been stories of "bonus fastpasses" for example you get a fast pass for Test Track and it also spits out one for Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Originally posted by Tank
Save them for when the park gets crowded since they don't expire.

Whoa--FPs don't expire? Can someone confirm this? That makes a big difference for planning purposes...

Yeah, that is news to me too!! But I would really like it confirmed cuz I leave in 6 days!! :bounce:

:p IVY :p

>>> Fastpasses don't expire (?)

1. If a ride suffers a shut down, those whose fastpasses expired during the shutdown may use their fastpasses later.

2. The ticket taker might not check the fastpass expiration time carefully.

>>> Went to Haunted Mansion, got a fastpass, and went somewhere else and got another fastpass five minutes later

1. Probably a malfunction that the HM machines were disconnected from the system, normally all machines should be interconnected.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/fastpass.htm

Two hours is the absolute worst case maximum time between fast pass fetches, assuming no malfunctions. Nowadays it is usually less, 45 minutes being mentioned a lot, but can be the full 2 hours on busy days when the previous fastpass return time is later than 2 hours.

The first time I was running late on my FP return time but I thought I would ask and see if they let me in. The CM told me they don't expire and u can use them anytime after the return time. Once I found this out i would get as many as i could early. I rarely ever used them during the return window and in 8 days was never once even questioned about being late. At the Sarari ride in AK they also said it is Disney's policy to let them be used anytime after the return time. This was just last week.
Get em early, get em often.
It was especially nice to use them with the child swap. You go to the first CM with your party and your FP, tell them you need a Child watcher pass. They give you a special pass that lets up to 3 people return. The one with the small child doesn't even have to get in line. They can do something else and come back anytime with the pass.
It was a great system for families with young children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter