submit 10K for corral assignment

pixxi

Mouseketeer
Should I submit a pace time if it's over what Disney stated? I can't imagine my 10K time will be calculated to be 2hr 45 min or less, if I submit one will I probably get a corral up than other people who didn't submit?

It can't hurt.

For those wondering, for a 2:45 or better estimated finish, you'll need a 1:14 or better 10K according to the McMillan Calculator.

I think if you submit any POT it gets you out of the last corral... Not 100% sure about that, but I know it says if you dont submit, you will be in last.

I didn't submit a POT for W&D (didn't have a time under 2:45). I did estimate a 2:50 - 3:00 hour finish. I now run a 1:12 10k and hope to run the Marine Corps 10k fast enough to get me under the 2:45 cut off to submit for Princess.
I'm not really going to sweat my corral placement since I'll be at Disney and I know I can run fast enough to stay in front of the sweepers.

I didn't submit a POT for W&D (didn't have a time under 2:45). I did estimate a 2:50 - 3:00 hour finish. I now run a 1:12 10k and hope to run the Marine Corps 10k fast enough to get me under the 2:45 cut off to submit for Princess.
I'm not really going to sweat my corral placement since I'll be at Disney and I know I can run fast enough to stay in front of the sweepers.
This is a great attitude to have! Good luck at your 10K race! :)

Thanks! I'm running the Dulles 10k next month but I'm not sure if it's a certified course. The race should be a lot of fun since it'll be on the runway at the airport! :cool1:
I THINK you are okay as long as the course is chip-timed and the results are available online. :)

If you don't submit you are in the last corral no matter what. If you do submit it usually bumps you at least to the next up.

If you are submitting for a half then yes submit even if it is over 2 hours and 45 minutes. Even a 15 min mile can bump you two or three corrals up.

Thanks! I'm running the Dulles 10k next month but I'm not sure if it's a certified course. The race should be a lot of fun since it'll be on the runway at the airport! :cool1:
I'm running that too! According to PRR's site: "Run past planes and along the actual landing strip on this certified looped course." So since it's also chipped it should be good for a Disney POT.

I'm running that too! According to PRR's site: "Run past planes and along the actual landing strip on this certified looped course." So since it's also chipped it should be good for a Disney POT.

...and it is USATF certified!

Dulles 10k.png

That's great! This will be my first race back since dark side. I had a doctor ordered 30 day rest period due to a torn labrum (sp?) in my hip. Training is going well... just slow.

If you don't submit you are in the last corral no matter what. If you do submit it usually bumps you at least to the next up.

If you are submitting for a half then yes submit even if it is over 2 hours and 45 minutes. Even a 15 min mile can bump you two or three corrals up.
For my first 10k earlier this year, I was in the 2nd to last corral. I had surgery 4 days before and did it anyway (outpatient female surgery). I did the sw 10k a few weeks later and had better time with that one, but was in the last corral.

I am trying to run 10-15 seconds of every minute (I am a walker not a runner) but have developed plantar fasciitis in both feet so I am trying to fix that right now.

I am doing the sw 10k in Disneyland in January. Should I submit my time from the sw 10k last april? If so, how? I assume it is already in my Disney record since it was a Disney race.

I am doing the sw 10k in Disneyland in January. Should I submit my time from the sw 10k last april? If so, how? I assume it is already in my Disney record since it was a Disney race.

There's no such thing as a Disney record. runDisney and Track Shack do not automatically use your past Disney results as proof of time. You will need to go into your race registration page with Active and submit your proof of time there.

You don't submit any times for 10ks, you just put your estimated mile pace (in your active registration) & as said above they don't keep a Disney race record for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter