Success Cancelling Park Hoppers?

Yes but not sure a trip the first week in Sept is actually gonna happen. And my Disney confirmation still lists the tickets so I’m not gonna stress.

I am sort of in a unique situation...we have hopper tickets....all adult, so we actually have an adult ticket attached to my 5 year old nephew, which is kind of nuts, but it is what it is. The tickets themselves are not date-based. They expire in 2030. Very valuable.

I have been hoping to purchase base tickets, that way we can save these tickets for later. I doubt I can even get a refund for the hopper portion since they are not bundled in a package and were purchased years ago. But, even if there is a chance I could, I've been holding off. I'd hate to get a refund on the hopper portion; and then 2020 tickets are released, and I've essentially lost the huge value of the tickets.

That said, if they do refund me, that wouldn't change the expiration as far as I know...so they'd still expire 2030, and if I wanted to add days on/add hopping capability at that point, I could. With park hopping changing in the future, either the hopping part of the tickets will become basically worthless......or it would be grandfathered into any new system, in which case it could be hugely valuable.

I'm pretty torn. Go ahead and try to get the refund now, put some extra spending money in the pocket, and then either use those tickets this upcoming trip, or if 2020 tix come out, save them for another time and deal with the add ons then. Or hold out and try to preserve the full value of the ticket.

If your trip isn't until August or later, I think I'd hold out for new ticket purchases to come online. If you're going in July, I think you don't have an option but to use them now....

My TA successfully got my park hoppers removed and we were refunded $170. :)

No luck here yet, it's a bit interesting that they just didn't auto drop off. I mean... WDW said they wouldn't HAVE PH so... lol

Finally got them to take off our hoppers/water parkd today. Also was able to get our dates moved while keeping our 35% so I feel better.
What dates did you change your trip to? I was told I could not keep the 35% discount if I switched dates.☹️

I tried for a week to change the reservation online to remove the hopper but it would just redirect me to my plans page. It took me hours on the phone to take off the park hoppers from our original free dining reservations. We added two of our college aged kids who can now join us (two reservations), so we didn't get a refund but when we went to add our two kids to the park reservation we had already made, it would not allow us to. It stated we had NO tickets and we could not see any ticket information on MDE.
So we had to call again.....guest services was finally able to add the tickets so we could see them and then add the kids to the park reservations. Crazy!

What dates did you change your trip to? I was told I could not keep the 35% discount if I switched dates.☹️

I tried for a week to change the reservation online to remove the hopper but it would just redirect me to my plans page. It took me hours on the phone to take off the park hoppers from our original free dining reservations. We added two of our college aged kids who can now join us (two reservations), so we didn't get a refund but when we went to add our two kids to the park reservation we had already made, it would not allow us to. It stated we had NO tickets and we could not see any ticket information on MDE.
So we had to call again.....guest services was finally able to add the tickets so we could see them and then add the kids to the park reservations. Crazy!
I originally wanted to switch to next year, but after multiple attempts kept getting no lol. So I was able to switch from next week to now instead Nov. I will say that each time I asked, the CM would first say they couldn't change the dates, but then when I asked for specific dates they always came back with oh well we can keep your 35% off as long as it's this year. I got the 35% because we originally had free dining. Hope this helps. I did this about 10 days ago.

You should also be able to call and get hoppers taken off and refunded. We also did this 10 days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter