• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Discounts

miccolt

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard if Disney will offer hotel discounts for July and August? If so, when do they typically become available? I know the current offer goes until July 7th, but I am not able to travel until the end of the July. I am currently booked at Coronado Springs, but I would like to upgrade to a Deluxe if a discount becomes available.

Historically the discounts come out at the end of April/May for July - September. I too am booked in the first week of Aug at the GF and hoping for a 25-30% discount which is usually what happens. Hopefully, it does. I'm also hoping that the DDP comes back as rumored around memorial day.

Have you checked DVC Rental Store? There are some confirmed reservations and a few are discounted.

yes, nothing for the grand for studios. they are all sold out. I suspect no one is renting their points because they did also redo all the existing DVC rooms to be a new style.

Have they been offering discounts in the last few months? I would be surprised if they offer them for the summer unless the resorts are really hurting to fill rooms.

Have they been offering discounts in the last few months? I would be surprised if they offer them for the summer unless the resorts are really hurting to fill rooms.
Yes, there have been discounts for 2022. There were Jan - Mar Florida resident and annual passholder. Currently there is a Mar - July general public offer, as well as an Annual Passholder discount and a Florida Resident discount.

It's a whole new world out there - hard to anticipate what will happen! I've booked a split stay between CBR and the Dolphin for mid-August (must be some convention at the Dolphin - all the rooms were booked for the majority of the stay). My 16 year old son is now 8" taller than me, so we need three beds for the three generations. I guess I drew the short straw and am on the murphy bed. Dolphin still allows rollaways in the double rooms, but wow - it's hard to find three beds without breaking the bank! I'm watching for room only deals and dreaming of free dining days of the past...

Yes, there have been discounts for 2022. There were Jan - Mar Florida resident and annual passholder. Currently there is a Mar - July general public offer, as well as an Annual Passholder discount and a Florida Resident discount.
There were discounts, however to the initial poster bear in mind the discounts are quite limited to a few select number of rooms.

I know that for the Mar - Jul discount period, there were so many people checking the Disney reservation site the day the discounts were made available that there was a 40min virtual queue just to perform a room search. Needless to say, I never got a discount added to my existing reservation, as they were already claimed.

There were discounts, however to the initial poster bear in mind the discounts are quite limited to a few select number of rooms.

I know that for the Mar - Jul discount period, there were so many people checking the Disney reservation site the day the discounts were made available that there was a 40min virtual queue just to perform a room search. Needless to say, I never got a discount added to my existing reservation, as they were already claimed.

And my experience was totally different. I had no issues getting discounts for my entire stay, two different resorts with in demand room categories. Both general public and AP discounts had good availability for my dates (mid-May to late-May).

The way that Disney does discounts are ridiculous. I have gone to Disney for 14 years and have been told by many many cast members book now apply your discount later give us a deposit. Well caution to everyone don't listen to that anymore! I had a previous booking at 30% off coming out of the pandemic they closed and so my booking originally for a club level at Beach Club and GF was on hold and they kept my $400.00 for the deposit and many many cast members said yea don't worry keep your booking and you will get the discount apply. Please call us and we will confirm. I called when the discounts came out and well no luck they screwed me over big time. I even wrote a letter to corporate two times zero reply!

So be wary they have always in the past to book now and apply the discount later over the past 14 years well starting last year that promise ended.

I am not booking anything this year until I see the discount come out. I may look to see what the deals are and if I get lucky I will come if not oh well there are other things besides Disney. They took advantage of this 14 year vacation goer. Disney clearly has become money hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter