Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As others have said, they rotate through the use years and so now March is the standard, but you can ask for what you want, especially if you already have a contract to match! I casually mentioned looking for Sep UY because my Oct UY is pretty risky for Sep stays and he didn't even blink.

Hi All!

We are looking into purchasing our 1st DVC contact. We are doing 210 points at GFV. We would like our use year to be December. However, our guide told us our only option is March. Is there any way to get around this? March just isn't ideal for us but we dont want to miss out on these incentives. Thank you for any feedback!
We filled out paperwork at end of June and closed in July. We were told that new members could go back 6 mos for their use year and that's it (since we did it in June we were able to get Dec UY - which we did). He said that the only way they can go back more than 6 mos is if it is an add-on and the buyer already has an earlier UY. This would mean that Feb UY is as early as you could go right now (assuming our guide was telling us the truth).

To clarify, the 90 days doesn’t give you extra time to change incentives. It is the 10 days you are allowed to cancel the contract that does and that begins when you sign, not when it closes.

That is why some buy right before the incentives end so they are in the 10 day window to leverage DVD to change incentives.
Interestingly, we were able to change to the better incentives during our 90-day period, well beyond the 10-day window, when things changed into this latest round of the current incentives since we hadn't yet closed.

Interestingly, we were able to change to the better incentives during our 90-day period, well beyond the 10-day window, when things changed into this latest round of the current incentives since we hadn't yet closed.

DVD can always decide to allow it, but once you are beyond the 10 days, they don’t have to.

Within the 10 days you can cancel the contract and they can’t stop you.

We filled out paperwork at end of June and closed in July. We were told that new members could go back 6 mos for their use year and that's it (since we did it in June we were able to get Dec UY - which we did). He said that the only way they can go back more than 6 mos is if it is an add-on and the buyer already has an earlier UY. This would mean that Feb UY is as early as you could go right now (assuming our guide was telling us the truth).
In that case, you have to be strong and tell them so sorry, that UY wouldn't work for you at all, and you won't be buying now. And stick to your guns. Maybe they can't go back more than 6 months without manager's approval - so what your guide said was the truth, but not the whole truth.

Great news for us, we asked our guide to get permission for a December use year and he was able to do that!

Since you guys were all so helpful I figured I'd ask another question. We live in Delaware and have to complete our paperwork in Disney. If the contact is already written up and ready to go approximately how long does it take to complete? We will be flying into MCO in October, on our way somewhere else. Ideally we would like to complete that paperwork on that trip.
That also brings up another scenario. Since we legally have to be there to complete our contract I'm assuming we will be locked in with these current incentives but we could also go with the better incentives once they are announced in September?

Great news for us, we asked our guide to get permission for a December use year and he was able to do that!

Since you guys were all so helpful I figured I'd ask another question. We live in Delaware and have to complete our paperwork in Disney. If the contact is already written up and ready to go approximately how long does it take to complete? We will be flying into MCO in October, on our way somewhere else. Ideally we would like to complete that paperwork on that trip.
That also brings up another scenario. Since we legally have to be there to complete our contract I'm assuming we will be locked in with these current incentives but we could also go with the better incentives once they are announced in September?

It is 10 days from day you sign that you can legally cancel the contract.

So, if they are willing to hold the current incentives for you from now until you sign in October, they may let you change them to better ones.

I’d be sure to get in writing that they will honor todays incentives for the two months.

Fall Incentives: Are new incentives always released the days after current ones expire? Should we expect Fall Incentives to drop on drop on September 12? I'm trying to plan when to sign to be within the clawback period.

Fall Incentives: Are new incentives always released the days after current ones expire? Should we expect Fall Incentives to drop on drop on September 12? I'm trying to plan when to sign to be within the clawback period.
New rates/incentives should be immediately available on the 12th. Maybe try for signing around the 8th or so.

You will get 2023 points that you can sell back with MB and you would not receive your first set of points to use until March 2024.
Thank you! At risk of sounding like I’m repeating myself lol.. if I chose to take Mar UY (which is what I already have and would prefer), would I be losing anything vs an Oct or Dec UY? It seems to me I’d just have to wait until March to get my 2024, due to selling back 2023. If I got Oct or Dec, I’d be waiting a year plus before getting the next allotment right?

Ok I totally did a “ Squirrel” there lol. In short, am I giving up anything monetarily (incentive) by taking mar UY vs Oct or Dec? Tia

Thank you! At risk of sounding like I’m repeating myself lol.. if I chose to take Mar UY (which is what I already have and would prefer), would I be losing anything vs an Oct or Dec UY? It seems to me I’d just have to wait until March to get my 2024, due to selling back 2023. If I got Oct or Dec, I’d be waiting a year plus before getting the next allotment right?

Ok I totally did a “ Squirrel” there lol. In short, am I giving up anything monetarily (incentive) by taking mar UY vs Oct or Dec? Tia
Yes, 2022 UY points

Do you think it’s worth giving up 2022 points vs the convenience of having all my points in March? The guide is convincing me it’s not worth it and getting me confused.
Why did you originally select a March UY? Do you plan on combining all your points to book in the 7-month window? Do you want 1 single 150 point contract or 2 separate 75 points contracts?

Sure $3,300 from 2022 UY points is nice, but if may not be worth it if you typically travel in June, July, August, or September. I don't think your guide is trying to deceive you. He/she will most likely need additional approval to get you a 2nd UY AND 2022 UY points so he/she is just making sure you really want it and know what it will entail for the next 40 years of ownership.

I know plenty of people that willingly take a 2nd UY, but it's typically for a change in travel habits or because they want this resort for spring and summer and that resort for fall and winter.

Do you think it’s worth giving up 2022 points vs the convenience of having all my points in March? The guide is convincing me it’s not worth it and getting me confused.
Honestly it's up to you, personally I wouldn't get another UY unless the second UY actually provided some benefit to me AKA if I cared about booking between December and January and you're okay with using the use years as memberships independent of one another. It is essentially a 3300 dollar difference between the two.

It really just depends on how involved you want to be with your DVC ownership. In general it's better to stay in the same UY. I own 2 UY and it can be a little messy at times even though I don't combine my reservations with one another or transfer points and I LOVE playing around with my points. It can also be annoying that not all of the points are in one giant pool at the 7 month window. It's really up to you, I own spring UYs and I'm not planning to purchase until probably Jan-March just so I don't pay the prorated 2023 dues. The gamble I'm taking is regarding incentives and also there's a chance MB may not be a thing at that time but I'm willing to accept that gamble because I'm not in a position to purchase points right now anyways.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter