Summer WDW Offers

Hoping this does happen! For years prior to the pandemic, I used to wish that August discounts would be released in January because I just couldn't wait to book! Now, the one year that I was NOT sure about booking yet, is the year that they release them in January:crazy2:

Also watching for this time frame as well. Wasn't ready to book anything back in January. If they don't release some kind of discount to make at least resorts more reasonably affordable compared to rack rates very soon, this ship might sail and either we will try out universal or explore several other vacation options.

I’m watching for the same thing!! I can’t believe it, the last few years I’ve always booked around this time for my summer vacation. I saw the specials earlier in the year but I was focusing on other things then. Fingers crossed because I need those specials! Rack rates are out of control..

They had two deals for the rest of summer (free dining and a resort discount) already (January-early February) and then they disappeared (free dining had an expiration that was public, the resort discount did not, just wasn't there one day). My theory is that Tiana's Bayou Adventure is opening at the beginning of July and they're waiting to see if that naturally boosts bookings.
I hope for the people that are waiting that they release another one! We got an amazing deal on BLT for August when they had the first round out and I only booked "just in case" and I'm so glad I did.
I know in 2022 it was this week that August discounts were released- my oldest had just gotten back from a school trip to Disney and the next morning I rebooked our trip with a discount, so that would have been the first week in April.
Good luck!

And even when Disney offers discounts is it not for every room type and it typically says savings UP TO x%.

There is some current buzz about free dining for Disney Visa card members dropping soon. See bottom of this page and other various blogs.

"Beginning April 9, Disney Visa Cardmembers can get a free dining plan for select arrival dates in July, September, and December when they book a non-discounted 4-night, 4-day or longer Walt Disney Travel Company Package with Park Hopper option. Full details will be available on the Disney World websites on April 9."

Hopefully this deal with go out to the general public within a week or two of April 9th. Although, I'm really surprised this deal includes July but not August - the end of August usually has the same crowd attendance as September.

There is some current buzz about free dining for Disney Visa card members dropping soon. See bottom of this page and other various blogs.
I got a flyer for it in the mail yesterday. The date ranges are fairly limited for it, but it would probably indicate more summer - fall discounts are coming shortly.

It sounds tempting, but I don’t think free dining makes as much sense for us compared to a 30-35% discount.
This is where I stand on it too. Even if the September dates worked for us (iirc 9/1 - 9/7 but we don't head down until 9/18), it wouldn't be worth it for us compared to the room discount. It never is as deluxe guests imo.

I'd take the room discount over free DDP every time. We can't eat that much food and feel we can save $$ overall by paying cash for our meals. There are days when I'm just not hungry, don't want a snack, etc. And as vegetarians and don't drink, we would NEVER break even with the DDP. Even though I booked YC back in Jan. when there were discounts to be had for late Aug/Sept, I would love to see if I could get a decent price to save more $$ at a less expensive resort. If not, I'm very thankful I was able to get YC at a discount.

This is where I stand on it too. Even if the September dates worked for us (iirc 9/1 - 9/7 but we don't head down until 9/18), it wouldn't be worth it for us compared to the room discount. It never is as deluxe guests imo.
Hi. Where did you actually see the dates for the months of July, September and December?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter