Sunday Options for Cozumel?

Narnia_girl

He's not a tame lion, but he is good.
Our Cozumel day is a Sunday and so far, it appears many of our top choices for excursions are closed. These five area all closed on Sundays:
1. Nachi Cocum, 2. Mr. Sanchos, 3. The Cabana Beach at Chakanaab,
4. All-Inclusive Isla Pasión by Power Catamaran and 5. All Inclusive Passion Island by Twister.​

#3, 4 and 5 are Disney excursions. There is nothing on the DCL excursions page that says these attractions are closed on Sundays so I'm wondering if they are still available for cruise excursions? Or if indeed, they are closed, and we should make other plans?

There is one excursion on our list that seems to be open Sunday:
Speed Boat Beach Escape (CZ32)
Outrun your worries as you zip across the ocean in a personal speed boat to the secluded paradise of Barracuda Beach.

I'd welcome some other suggestions for a family beach day in Cozumel or clarification if these spots will be open on Sunday. FYI, we are parents in our 50s, two kids 24 and 19, not interested in heavy party scene.

edited to make my wording clearer.

Last edited:
Following along. We port in Cozumel on a Sunday as well and I was planning to do the dolphin swim at this port and I see both locations are closed a Sundays.

Our Cozumel day is a Sunday and it appears many of our excursion choices are closed:
  1. Nachi Cocum
  2. Mr. Sanchos
  3. The Cabana Beach at Chakanaab
  4. All-Inclusive Isla Pasión by Power Catamaran
  5. All Inclusive Passion Island by Twister.

#3, 4 and 5 are Disney excursions. There is nothing on the excursions page that says these attractions is closed on Sundays so I'm wondering if these places are still available for cruise excursions? Or if indeed, they are closed, and we should make other plans?

There is one excursion on our list that seems to be open Sunday:
Speed Boat Beach Escape (CZ32)
Outrun your worries as you zip across the ocean in a personal speed boat to the secluded paradise of Barracuda Beach.

I'd welcome some other suggestions for a family beach day in Cozumel or clarification if these spots will be open on Sunday. FYI, we are parents in our 50s, two kids 24 and 19, not interested in heavy party scene.
Nachi is the best choice hands down

Not in your list of options, but Paradise Beach is open on Sundays. We really enjoyed it. It's not all inclusive, but admission is very cheap and they just want you to buy food or drink. Easy to do, and the food was quite good and not expensive. You don't need an excursion to go, just exit the ship, go to the taxi stand, and pay the set rate to take you there, about $16. It was clean, no vendors hawking bracelets on the beach, the staff were very nice, and there are lots of options for where to sit and what to do.

We were there on a Sunday once on our New Years cruise and went to Paradise Beach. It was fine but we missed Mr. Sanchos...

Not in your list of options, but Paradise Beach is open on Sundays. We really enjoyed it. It's not all inclusive, but admission is very cheap and they just want you to buy food or drink. Easy to do, and the food was quite good and not expensive. You don't need an excursion to go, just exit the ship, go to the taxi stand, and pay the set rate to take you there, about $16. It was clean, no vendors hawking bracelets on the beach, the staff were very nice, and there are lots of options for where to sit and what to do.
We were there on a Sunday once on our New Years cruise and went to Paradise Beach. It was fine but we missed Mr. Sanchos...

Thanks, I'll look into to Paradise Beach.
One of the Disney excursions we were interested in mentions a Paradise Island, but it's confusing. Here's how it's listed, exactly on the DCL site:

All Inclusive Passion Island by Twister (CZ59)
Blast-off on the Twister stunt boat as you rip across the waves on an exciting ride to the relaxing Paradise Island.
Ride to the recreational paradise of Passion Island, where the Twister will thrill you with breathtaking stunts.

I'm in the same boat (yes, I said it). We have a W. Carib that stops in Cozumel on a Sunday as well. I was looking at Playa Mia or the Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab, but they are both closed on Sunday, too.

I'm amazed that DCL made Sunday a port day where so many of the local attractions are closed.

Last edited:
I don't think Paradise Beach and Paradise Island are the same. I didn't see anywhere for a ship to dock to let people off, and the beach is not on a separate island. It's just down the road from where the ship docks.

Some places will be open just for cruise excursions when a ship is in port. You won't know which until your window opens.

I believe Nachi Cocum is always closed Sundays with or without a ship in port though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter