Sunscreen on property?

Elephantay

DIS Veteran
We are only using carry-on bags this trip so are limited in what we can bring. For our 8 day trip we will need a lot of sunscreen, but have sensitivities and need to be careful about what type we use. Is there a way to find out what's sold on property? Thank you!

We are only using carry-on bags this trip so are limited in what we can bring. For our 8 day trip we will need a lot of sunscreen, but have sensitivities and need to be careful about what type we use. Is there a way to find out what's sold on property? Thank you!
I get Sun Bum 70 and put it in multiple 3 Oz bottles. I’ve also had it delivered with groceries.

I've only ever seen Coppertone in the parks. I cant use it. I bring carryon size banana boat spray.

For sunscreen, I think Disney usually has a contract in place with a company, and you will only find products made by that company in any store on Disney property.

As PP mentioned, you can have it delivered - Instacart, www.TurnerDrug.com, possibly even Doordash (in my home town they will do deliveries from Walgreens).

Or you could ship a small box to your hotel.

I used to assume that since it's Florida, all of the stores would carry lots of different types of sunscreen, but I have learned that this is not the case. I've been to Publix and CVS there at various times and discovered that a brand I wanted was something that they did not carry, or they carried it but were sold out.

Coppertone products are available in all the resort gift shops. However, the cost will be pretty high.

If traveling to Florida for lots of outdoor activities and you need a specific sunscreen product, I would make it a priority to bring it with you from home. Anything sold at those Disney resort shops will be very pricey and they may not have the specific product you prefer.

If you don't have a rental car to stop by a shop on your own and you don't want to order from a delivery service like Wal-mart+, another option would be to buy some at the Orlando airport after you deplane. The prices won't be as great as if you bought them from a store directly, but they should be less expensive than at Disney and will include more than just Coppertone products (the Disney sponsor).

If traveling to Florida for lots of outdoor activities and you need a specific sunscreen product, I would make it a priority to bring it with you from home. Anything sold at those Disney resort shops will be very pricey and they may not have the specific product you prefer.
We will bring as much as we are allowed but will need more than allowed in travel size containers!

For sunscreen, I think Disney usually has a contract in place with a company, and you will only find products made by that company in any store on Disney property.

As PP mentioned, you can have it delivered - Instacart, www.TurnerDrug.com, possibly even Doordash (in my home town they will do deliveries from Walgreens).

Or you could ship a small box to your hotel.

I used to assume that since it's Florida, all of the stores would carry lots of different types of sunscreen, but I have learned that this is not the case. I've been to Publix and CVS there at various times and discovered that a brand I wanted was something that they did not carry, or they carried it but were sold out.
I’ve sent boxes ahead for all of my trips but have forgotten the sunscreen more than once. (The box is mostly snacks and little treats for DS when he was younger)

I’ve sent boxes ahead for all of my trips but have forgotten the sunscreen more than once. (The box is mostly snacks and little treats for DS when he was younger)
I've never done this...can I just ship to hotel address? Great idea!

I've seen Sun Bum at the Ron John Surf's shop in Disney Springs but it's extremely overpriced (and Sun Bum is already more expensive than the common brands).

As for the resorts, I've only seen Coppertone. I had to buy that once when I ran out of sunscreen and I think it was like $15.

Never fails I forget mine and end up in a park gift shop. ALWAYS buy spray on, think it's Coppertone or other major brand. Compared to prices in our stores it has always been reasonable.

But for special kinds might be best to order and ship.

Might be worth it to include on a grocery order if you plan on doing one. When I've forgotten sunscreen I've ordered from Target because I can't use the kind on property due to the zinc oxide, it leaves me looking like the 999 happy haunts with my dark skin. When I don't want to pay Sephora prices Target usually has a decent selection of chemical ones that go on invisible.

Thanks so much for the information! This is our first time not checking a suitcase so we are new to this lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter