sunscreens: "Ocean Potion" or "Sea & Ski" brands

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
hi all... another question.

i did some research and have come to the conclusion that Ocean Potion brand sunscreen is the best choice for my trip ("this weekend!", says a panicky disneyberry, doing the last minute packing as usual *sigh* )

anyway, for those who went recently, or those of you Orlando locals... is it easy to find Ocean Potion brand sunscreen? and which stores should i go to look for it?

what about "Sea & Ski" brand? that's our second choice.

Ocean Potion is at Walmart. It was on sale earlier this week when I went here in GA. It is my favorite too, because it doesn't feel greasy.

I prefer Ocean Potion myself! Being a redhead who freckles, and doesn't tan...and seeing that I work outside alot....gotta have it! You can also find it at KMart. Sea & Ski can be found pretty easily too.

hm, okay more specific question.
my bf and i are not that familiar w/ Orlando area...

so... does anyone know if we would be able to find Ocean Potion brand sunscreen at stores near touristy areas such as the Goodings as CrossRoads, or the Walgreens on I-Drive near Golden Corral?

those are the 2 places we normally go shopping, and i'm not sure if i want to go on a hunt to find my sunscreen anymore. :p

We are veterans of WDW, I've never heard of the sunscreens mentioned above, but we always use Bullfrog,....it stays on forever, and my daughter, who has a stinging sensation with most others on her face, can use the kids version with no trouble. Plus Consumer Reports rated it as one of the highest. We can get it here at any Wal Mart or Target.

ocean potion has a web site to locate their products. i have been able to find their sun screen in the st.louis area.

ds found a bottle of it at myrtle beach last year & we love it. i don't buy any other brand now.

We were just in WDW 8/19-8/26. I'm very fair skinned as is my 3 year old ds. We use coppertone sport spray. We normally applied once in the morning and once in the afternoon and we all came home sunburn free. I won't use anything else especially because this is a spray and it's sooo much easier than rubbing in a lotion.

thanks all, for your help.

we were able to find Ocean Potion last week at the Super Walmart in Kissimmee on 192.

there were huge racks of them!
and it smells great (kind of like bubblegum) and truly does not feel greasy at all.

it feels so light, and doesn't come off with sweat or rubbing.
we only reapplied 1 or 2 times during a day, and no burning at all!

of course because it was late August/early Sept weather, we did stay out of the sun more than we normally would in the spring. so maybe that also helped us prevent burns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter