Sunshine Flyer Experiences

Is the bus similar to DME where luggage is in the bottom? How many stops do they make? Recent Mears reviews have been great 2-4 stops, taking about an hour from checkin going to resorts. On the way back people have pickup times 3 hrs+15/20 mins (slightly more than DME) for domestic flights.
For us, going to Riviera, we were the only ones on the bus, so only our stop.

Coming back, we were the last stop, I believe there were two before us, for a total of three resorts. Our pick up tike was exactly 3 hours before our flight time and they were only about 3 minutes late.

Theybwere very friendly and extremely helpful in all cases. There was a little confusion when we arrived st the airport as to what to do with DHs ECV. But they figured it out and we got there without incident. Going back they already had it sorted as to what to do.

The busses are oretty much identical to MEARS, except there is a 1920s transportation theme and the busses are actually.new and in proper working order, something thst MEARS has issues with a lot, especially the wheelchair lifts.

All.in all, definitely would recommend Sunshine Flyer over MEARS, but if you have more than two people and no mobility devices, it is likely substantially cheaper to use a car service or.uber/LYFT.

Just noticed that Sunshine Flyer lists "Reflections - a lakeside lodge" as a resort it provides transportation to/from. Someone should have done their homework!
Disney has an API that web developers can use to automatically pull in resort names and addresses, so they don't have to keep them up to date. I strongly suspect that they are using this, which would place the error directly.on Disney's IT.

That’s definitely the case. I see their buses all the time. Some are owned/operated by Academy and some by Empire.
Most of those are actually the coach busses thst are running to supplement Disney's transportation to the parks. The parent company for Sunshine Flyer actually handles most.ckntracted transportation for.large events and things like Disney World across the entire country, so they have experience in the field, there are just some startup hiccups, which are to be expected.

...Theybwere very friendly and extremely helpful in all cases. There was a little confusion when we arrived st the airport as to what to do with DHs ECV. But they figured it out and we got there without incident. Going back they already had it sorted as to what to do....

If you don't mind my asking, how did they handle your husband's ECV?

Disney has an API that web developers can use to automatically pull in resort names and addresses, so they don't have to keep them up to date. I strongly suspect that they are using this, which would place the error directly.on Disney's IT.
Makes sense. That would explain google maps showing reflections

If you don't mind my asking, how did they handle your husband's ECV?
Going from the airport to the hotel, the guy at the airport said they would load it underneath with the luggage, but the bus driver said they don't touch scooters and that we were supposed to drive it on and off.

When going from the hotel to the airport the driver loaded it underneath with the luggage, but secured in its own compartment. When we arrived at the airport, they made sure the scooter and our luggage was first to be unloaded so he didn't have to stand to wait for it and because they knew we would have to spend extra time going to the airline counter, etc.

They did ask if he could climb the steps and if he couldn't, they would have used the lift, but thst takes more time and is more of a hassle.

So both methods are options, and I'm both cases they properly secured the ECV (something that Disney transportation failed at on many times this trip, DH always transfered to a seat on Disney busses). And they made sure they didn't cause any damage to the ECV and were very polite and nice with it all.

Looked all through here and did not see any info on where you pick up their bus. Is it near the old Magical Express or what is now Mears Connect?..ºoº

Going from the airport to the hotel, the guy at the airport said they would load it underneath with the luggage, but the bus driver said they don't touch scooters and that we were supposed to drive it on and off.

When going from the hotel to the airport the driver loaded it underneath with the luggage, but secured in its own compartment. When we arrived at the airport, they made sure the scooter and our luggage was first to be unloaded so he didn't have to stand to wait for it and because they knew we would have to spend extra time going to the airline counter, etc.

They did ask if he could climb the steps and if he couldn't, they would have used the lift, but thst takes more time and is more of a hassle.

So both methods are options, and I'm both cases they properly secured the ECV (something that Disney transportation failed at on many times this trip, DH always transfered to a seat on Disney busses). And they made sure they didn't cause any damage to the ECV and were very polite and nice with it all.

Thanks, Evita. That's helpful to know.

We rode the Sunshine Flyer this week. It was a great experience. The only tiny issue was finding it. I knew where to go, but there really was no signage, and their podium is SUPER small, and not really obvious. But once we found it, all was great. We only waited about 10 minutes for a bus. We got a train bus. Staff was all very friendly. Bus was very clean and nice. We were staying at Pop, and was the second stop after Art of Animation. On our return trip, our flight left at 4, we were given a pick up time of 12:45. Got the email the day before. I received a call about 12:45, confirming pick up and that the bus would be there in 5 minutes. We were the last picked up, and on the way to the airport. I would definitely use them again.

Did Mears lower their price to be comparable to Sunshine? I thought Mears was are $30 per person each way. Now their website is showing 16 per person each way with Sunshine charging $17.

Did Mears lower their price to be comparable to Sunshine? I thought Mears was are $30 per person each way. Now their website is showing 16 per person each way with Sunshine charging $17.
No it was from the start $16.00 one way. We actually booked them when they took over from DME in January. We switched to Sunshine Flyer when they started up just to try them out...ºoº

Can anyone help explain how to book round trip transportation for a split stay using the Sunshine Flyer? Much appreciated!

Anyone have any experience on wait times taking them and staying at Copper Creek or Wilderness Lodge?

I'm filling out the online form. My flight arrives at MCO at 11:55 am. Should I pick 11:00 - 12:00 or 12:00 - 1:00? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter