Tuesday: 1 hour/ 6 miles
Wednesday: 1 hour/ 1 mile
Thursday: 1 hour / 2 miles

Steve:
Sunday: 1.5 hours/7 miles
Monday: 1 hour / 2 miles
Tuesday: 1 hour/ 3 miles
Thursday: 30 minutes/ 2 miles

We are participating in a marathon relay this weekend. I am so not ready. :sad2:

Just a little reminder to everyone that today does count on the month totals. If you do anything for exercise today, please be sure to post it by tomorrow so I can add it to the totals. I will have to post these on the main thread and I want them to be correct when I do this. :goodvibes We have done so well and come so far in the last month. :cheer2: Also, just so this thread does not get too large and get shut down as per new rules, I will start a March miles challenge thread for us on Saturday morning.

I have to say, for myself, this has been awesome. Aside from my bout with my illness and my rib, I have met my goal of 20 miles a week so far. For next month, your challenge from your charming captain whom you love so much is to add 1 more mile or a half hour to your time from this month. Not a huge challenge but if you embrace it, there is more to come.....:eek: I know you love me anyway. :confused:

Hi all!

Lisa - I think I forgot to post my weigh traiing times this week so add an hour and a half for me! I was so bummed about my lack of runs that I just forgot. Plus, because of my race, I went easy on the weights so it hardly felt like work. I should run more races.:lmao:

Dh claims I am in taper mode this week but I find that hard to believe since this is supposed to be a training race for the ING at the end of the month. The first time I ran this half, I had never run more than 12 miles!! I am not going to try to PR until the Country Music in April but I would like to better my times in these two March races. That means beating 2:11 in BOTH races. Yikes!

I am so not ready for this race!

:surfweb: However, I did order my new computer and it should be here by my birthday :goodvibes No more sharing with my kids!:crowded:

Cecilia

I did 3 miles/29 minutes yesterday (2/28) and 45 minutes of weights. Rest for me today--I can use it, at least mentally before I do my 5-miler tomorrow (in my new injinji socks, Lisa!) Will report in on the new thread.

Maura

Maura: Yay for Injinji socks. I love mine. I wear NB performance elites for 3-5 miles but ALWAYS the Injinjis for over 5 miles. I hope they work for you. There were a bunch reviewed in the Runners World this month.

Cecilia: Yay for a new computer. My DD got an Apple from school this year and it freed mine up so I can actually use it again. Good luck this weekend and I hope you do PR this one. Under 2:11 seems amazing to me since mine was 2:33. And not more than 12 miles???? In January, I had not run more than 8. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

Angie: YAY ANGIE COMMITTED TO GREAT BAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting excited. I think we are going to have a great time in Great Bay!! I did note however that you are doing the NH marathon (okay 10K) on 10/4 so that counts you out of the Hollis Applefest with us (if I can talk Kristi into somehow going). :sad1:

Susie/Steve: Good luck this weekend in your relay. You will do great!!!! :cheer2:

I decided against the ING and it is probably for the best because I have to go to a cub scout training that day which is required for us to have summer camp. I don't think I would have been ready (i.e. - not enough speed walking for Laura's big tushie lately!!!) but I do need a race to train for. I do better when I put something on the calendar and go for it.

If I make it to Curves today, I will be sure to come back in and post.

Lisa - you are amazing to keep up with all of this!

Happy Friday Super Goofs!

Laura

Good morning All
Count me in for 4 miles today and yesterday for about 50 minutes each. Add on 1.5 hours of riding yesterday, too.

2/28
1.5 miles/34 mins

2/29
so far, approx 3.5 miles/60 mins
I went out during lunch, it is COLD!!!! but I think that helped me keep moving...I'm sure I turned a few heads as I looped the parking lot around and around and around, but I HAD to get out for a bit, and we're getting 6-10 more inches of snow tomorrow!

Hi Goofys!!! I got out yesterday for my run......it was really COLD! I do like to get it done outside!

Totals:
2/28 1 hour
5 miles

Beth

Back from the Y! I did 2.5 miles on the TM with a 2% incline & 2 min. cool down. Then 2 more miles on the track.
Total: 4.56 miles in 1:04:25

I have a question for anyone that might know...
Would something like a Treadclimber be good for preparing for these Great Bay hills? I have been trying to do at least one mid-week wog on a TM with an incline. But I am wondering if the Treadclimber would work too - and maybe be a little less boring. :laughing:

Off to pick up the rugrat and then head to a Pampered Chef / Two Sisters party...

Kristi, I would be curious on this question also. Maybe you should ask on the weekly thread. Someone may have one and be able to tell you better.

Here is the preliminary run on this week. This is not your monthly total, just this week:
Lisa-22.03/4:25
Susie-15.50/5:00
Suzanne-15.44/4:55
Beth-33.50/6:45
Cecilia-13.00/3:36
Joanne-8.00/4:40
Laurie-??
Maura-13.00/5:18
Kim-??
Kristi-4.56/3:04
Laura-10.00/6:00
CHad-7.00/1:08
Steve (Susie DH)-14.00/4:00
Angie-11.5/4:46
Christy-7.20/1:00
Steve (Christy DH)-1:00

You know the drill, check my math and let me know any errors. :teacher:

2 miles 55 minutes (hiking up snowy mountains while Geocaching)
2 miles 15:30 (running)
45 minutes (weight lifting)
----------------------
4 miles 1:55

please add me 1 more mile, 18 more minutes, from tonight...thanks!

Sorry Lisa: I posted this over on the march thread not knowing it was for the new month. I missed a couple for Feb

Wed 2/27: 30 min strength/stretch
Thurs 2/28: I posted
Friday 2/29: 5 miles 60 min

Sorry that I missed it. The day got away from me.

Beth

Here are our numbers for the rest of last week:

Steve:
Mon--none--we were at Epcot all day
Tues--2.26 miles in 20 min
Wed--1 hr weight training
Thurs--none
Friday--none

Christy
Monday--Epcot
Tuesday--4 miles in 45 mins
Wed--Power Pump 55 min
Thursday--1 mile (with Braden) 20 mins
Friday--none

WELCOME to our new members!!!!!

Please add:

Friday...30 mins/1.32 miles

Sunday...30 mins/1.43 miles

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

We haven't had a winter here...it was 80 today. I took today off to go to the local strawberry festival but DH has the flu and I didn't want to drive over an hour one way with DD alone to go.

So...half a tank of gas $15.00
trip to Wal Mart so DD could get a new shirt and we could make our own strawberry shortcakes at home $35.44
sub, chips and drinks from Publix $14.82
picnic lunch just me and DD, who is almost 13, at a local park talking about life, boys, school, etc for 2 hours PRICELESS!

I just joined the super goofs this morning. My name is Carla and I am all set to go. Friday is my rest day as well and I don't tend to report to dis on the weekends, so I will be checking in on Monday morning.

Have a great weekend everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter