"Super Shuttle" to & from DFW?

jackskellingtonsgirl

DIS Veteran
Has anybody used Super Shuttle before? I just booked online to use them to take us to the airport & back home again in August. AAA members get a discount, and I was leaning towards using them anyway.

What do you all think? Clean? On time? Room for all of my Disney luggage, which is pretty much the max the airlines will allow? Tell me now while I still have time to make alternate arrangements!! :listen:

I've used Super Shuttle at LAX twice and PHX once with no problems. They have large van fleets and have always been on time.

Hi i have used Super Shuttle in Dallas(we live in Garland). I have found it to be very good for getting you to the airport. Now the drawback it always seems to take forever for them to pick us up and that has been every time we've used them. Plenty of room for luggage. Only you can choose if the above will work for you.

Melinda

I have used Super Shuttle many times around the country. I try to allow extra time in case we have a lot of pickups. I give an earlier time when I call for a pickup. Sometimes I am at the airport with extra time, sometimes I am glad I did that.

Our flight is at 5:15 PM, but I put it in as being 5 PM. Our pick-up time is 2:45-3:00. Hopefully they will be on time! I chose the "shared ride" option, but I think if they pick us up at 3 PM there won't be time to pick up anyone else! (Unless it is someone else who lives in our apartment complex!) For $20 more each way we could have had a private car but I didn't think that was really necessary. It's a shame we don't have a competitive Town Car market like in Orlando!

How far is it to the airport? Most airports recommend arriving 2 hours ahead.

It is probably not more than 30 minutes. There SHOULDN'T be bad traffic on a Thursday at 3 PM, and if there is traffic hopefully we will know about it ahead of time and we can go another route.

American requires that you check in 90 minutes ahead for domestic flights, so as long as we hit the curbside check-in by 3:45 we'll be fine. I'll print the boarding passes from home so we won't have to mess with that at the airport.

In the past we have just had my mom ride to the airport with us and then bring our car back home, but she recently moved out of state. I'm a little nervous about the shuttle since we have never used one before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter