Supercalifragilistic Breakfast Recently anyone?

kittylady1972

Disneyholic
We have a quick 1-night trip booked at Bay Lake Tower before hopping over to Universal for a few nights. I thought a nice breakfast before we headed out would be good....and yes we are all adults but I love Tigger and have a friend who loves Pooh bear...so this seemed perfect.

Most reviews I've read are pretty old...just wondering if anybody has been recently?

Following. We have a breakfast ADR just so I can meet Mary Poppins. Hoping it’s as good as I’ve read before.

We ate there a few days ago. It is our favorite character breakfast buffet, the food is decent (I do miss the lobster eggs Benedict) and the characters are always great. Tigger wasn’t circulating at the tables, but meeting at the end instead with a photopass photographer.

We went there a little iver a week ago. My mom realllllly wanted her picture taken with Mary Poppins. We had a blast and the food was good too. Mad Hatter was SPOT ON!

THANK YOU to all who have responded. I know all character meals can be hit or miss (we do Chef Mickey as a family tradition even though I'm not fond of most of the food) so I was curious about this one because I have never looked into it. A quick monorail ride over though so it seems perfect...plus TIGGER! :tigger:

And the Lobster Eggs Benedict gone? I was kinda thinking that would be great to try as something unique to that buffet.

THANK YOU to all who have responded. I know all character meals can be hit or miss (we do Chef Mickey as a family tradition even though I'm not fond of most of the food) so I was curious about this one because I have never looked into it. A quick monorail ride over though so it seems perfect...plus TIGGER! :tigger:

And the Lobster Eggs Benedict gone? I was kinda thinking that would be great to try as something unique to that buffet.

Yes, they are long gone, but they do have classic eggs Benedict on the buffet.

Glad to see this thread. We are going on the morning of our Halloween party next month. My DH loves the Mad Hatter and the made to order omelets. He (and I) are so excited!

We ate there a few years ago and thought the food was really good. They had a corned beef hash that my DH about ate his weight in.

We ate there in sept 11. Food was good. Mary Poppins, Alice and Tigger circulated the tables, Winnie the Pooh was taking photos with a photopass near back entrance. The Mad Hatter had the day off. All in all a great experience

Is this the one at Park Fare at the Grand Floridian? We had all of those characters at our breakfast last year.

Just be aware that they can substitute characters. At least Pooh ones. I have had Eeyore rather than Pooh before. Alice was great at explaining to a little one near by that “Pooh was feeling poorly today, so his friend Eeyore said he would come instead.”

It has been a little while since we have been there, but we enjoyed it.

Food was similar to other buffets. Hot and hearty. And I loved the strawberry soup.

Reporting back on our experience:

Wed Sept 26th: We had an 8:20am reservation and arrived just before that. We were seated quickly at a table near the front of the entrance to the restaurant. Yes the tables are definitely close together, so picture taking has challenges. We would get the characters to move closer to the doorway for our photos, although Pooh couldn't seem to get the message for us. The interactions were good. The characters seemed a bit slow to come around and I was initially concerned we wouldn't see them all until we were done.

Oh and we had Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter and Pooh coming around...and then Tigger at the exit.

As for the food, the omelet station was great, and the omelets weren't so big that I didn't have room for other food. I didn't try the eggs benedict. They had some decent fruit selections so I filled up on watermelon too. I wish Disney restaurants had a decent sausage gravy but alas they do not. I had some bread pudding that was very good and some other dessert that now I can't recall...but it was good. We did not try the soup...but my DH especially ate his weight in tater tots. Everybody enjoyed the meal and the service was fine, though quite slow to clear plates and we weren't eating that fast. Bonus was the final photo outside with Tigger...love me some Tigger.

I would definitely return here as a less hustle and bustle place to meet Tigger and Pooh but we will continue to do Chef Mickey's because...Mickey and friends of course! We prefer brunch there over all other meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter