"surcharge" in June? do we have to pay this?

cab0ad

disney lover
I read on another post that Disney announced there would be a $2 surcharge on meals in June???? Does anyone know anything about this? If we have already purchased the DDP do we now have to pay an additional $2 per meal out of pocket or is that surcharge only for out of pocket payers?

I read on another post that Disney announced there would be a $2 surcharge on meals in June???? Does anyone know anything about this? If we have already purchased the DDP do we now have to pay an additional $2 per meal out of pocket or is that surcharge only for out of pocket payers?

Only for people paying OOP. It's one of the benefits of the DDP.

There will be a 'holiday'/'peak' season upcharge on various meals during June (character meals, specifically, and some other options).

If you are on DDP there will be no change, and no additional cost to you. Your credits still cover the meal.

I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

The "surcharge" is about $4 per adult and $2 per child meal, and is in effect only at buffets and all you can eat, price-fixed meals. While not all of the all you can eat and buffet restaurants have character meals, all WDW character meals are either buffet or all you can eat family style (with the exception of Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, which is considered a dinner show).

It does not apply to the dining plan.

In that case I will cut back my eating at the resturants. We paid the surcharge in December and frankly it was too much to pay for CM. We are going in June and will do 1/2 as many character meals and just eat by the pool for less.

In that case I will cut back my eating at the resturants. We paid the surcharge in December and frankly it was too much to pay for CM. We are going in June and will do 1/2 as many character meals and just eat by the pool for less.

That's the way to go! It's unbelievable that Disney would continue to gouge their guests with this fee, especially during these tough times. We first encountered this in December of 2007, and afterwards I vowed never to go again at that time of year. So this trip I decided to go in June and imagine my surprise to find that those darn surcharges have been applied to this time of year as well. So, my family will not be eating at any restaurants that charge the fee. All it would take is for more of us to do the same. When fewer and fewer people are going to those restaurants Disney might actually get the message and drop the fees.

Tromba

I am not sure why you are surprised - Disney designated the same approximate period 'surchargeable' in 2008, and there was much discussion about it here last Spring.

I am not sure why you are surprised - Disney designated the same approximate period 'surchargeable' in 2008, and there was much discussion about it here last Spring.

That may be, but I didn't go to WDW in 2008, so I wasn't constantly monitoring various minute details of what was going on there. I don't tend to spend a lot of time on these boards unless I have an impending trip.

Tromba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter