Surrey Bike Rentals? Where, How, Cost???

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
:Pinkbounc :hyper: :cheer2: :flower1:
Hello! I saw Surrey Bike Rentals on the allears.net website and it
looks like a lot of fun!

The "bikes" are 2 person cars?? is that right?
Where do you rent them?
Are they by the boardwalk?
How much does it cost to rent?
How long ?
Where do you ride them?

Any info. is appreciated! Thanks!! Almost double digits now!!

:wave:

Ooh, ooh, I think I know this one!

I asked this on WL thread earlier today, and here's what the ever knowledgable MAGICINMYHEART told me:

Surrey Bikes at Wilderness Lodge:
2 seater: $16.90 per 30 min.
4 seater: $20.65 per 30 min
Bicycle: $7.51 per 60 minutes
$20.65 per day

She also said you can rent them and ride them on the Boardwalk, which is what I think we will do. I believe the prices at the Boardwalk are the same as those at WL.

Thank you very much!:tongue:

I am excited to ride these. I will go to the boardwalk.

Any idea of hours of rental and availibility??

:wave:

Oh, this is probably our favorite thing to do at WDW! For sure our fav out of park thing to do! The Boardwalk is the way to go in my opinion, though I hqven't tried them at WL. We did ride them at the Poly and it was fun and very pretty but just not the same. Plus, that location is only open until 5:00 and riding in the evening is not to be missed.

You have a couple of options--the two seater is actually one seat across the bike itself, with a basket type thing across the front which seats two little people with seatbelts (and access to the bell--very important and soooo obnoxiious when you are four!) To ride in a seat with the pedals you have to be tall enough to reach them and DD8 was not--she is about 50' tall. She did fit perfectly fine on the seat between DH and I while we pedalled and I am on the pooh sized end of things. So, for the 5 of us we rented a two seater the first time we went. Second time we had MIL and FIL there too and got the four seater--let me say it's a bit hard to get that baby up a hill! DH had to get out and push!

Lots of fun and not to be missed.

Is the surrey configured so I could pedal alone and my DD6 could ride, or do you need 2 long-legged people?

HI DIS Friends, :wave:

OK, I'm excited about surrey bikes too. So can my family of 5 ride this altogether. Hubby and I, then our three small children.

Which is more fun to ride....Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge. :cheer2:

SeeDisney--Depends on the size of your three small kids. I had a petite 7 year old, and big 2 and 4 year olds. The little ones rode in the front basket and the older one on the seat in between us.

Chop--Not sure how it would work with just one pedaller. The driver side is the only one that has steering control or the brake so that would be fine, I just wonder about the pedalling power you would need. You would have less weight on there so that would help, but the hills are a bit of a challenge with two pedalling. Worth a try--you could always push it up the hills!

We did this at POR last year. Too many hills to peddle up. I was pooped after one go around. The CM behind the counter was very sweet and only charged us half price.

DH and DS rented one on our first night there while DD got her hair wrapped. They did a 2 seater and DS wasn't quite tall enough to pedal. DH is in good shape and had no trouble except on one hill around Cresent Lake.

On our last day before hitting the airport we rented a 4 seater. DD was able to pedal and we made it around 3 times without trouble on the hills.

This might be the single thing that caused us to laugh, whoop and holler the most on this trip. People we went by must have thought we were nuts but is was soooooo fun! We were just really silly and it was so different than anything we would do at home.

It was a great last day activity!:teeth:

Vicb--I can totally relate! We laughed and had such a fun time on these bikes! Our then 3 year old was a maniac with that bell and the kids would all holler "Beep beep! Here we goooooooo!" (Think Peter Pan for the last part) everytime we went down a hill!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter