SW Splendors & Internet Access

pamjb

DIS Veteran
I may have to be "connected" while we are on are SW Splendor trip. Does anyone know if any of the resorts have internet connection?

I may have to be "connected" while we are on are SW Splendor trip. Does anyone know if any of the resorts have internet connection?
Ack, sorry! I try never to be "connected" while on vacation (aside from an occassional "Hi!" from the PCs in the lobby...) so I can't be of any help. Hopefully someone else was paying better attention!

You're gonna love this trip! :teeth:

Sayhello

I'm not sure about the Amara Resort, but the Thunderbird hotel definitely did not have internet access, and the Red Cliffs Lodge has 2 computers in their lobby for guests to use. My blackberry worked most of the time in all locations. Hope this helps a bit.

Just got back on Sunday and I always have to be connected so I can help you out. The Amara has free internet in the rooms and computers to use in the lobby, cell phone service here too. The Thunderbird did not have internet but the Angel Inn and El Tovar had it in their lobby areas, El Tovar is way nicer...hint hint, cell phone worked here too. Red Cliffs Lodge has internet in room and 2 computers in lobby to use, but if you have AT&T no cell service, but Verizon did work here. I have AT&T and I walked towards the horse area and found hit and miss in areas so text messages came through at times. But when you go into Moab cell service there.

Thanx Toribelle. I was going to call later this evening to check. We have Verizon cell phones and leaving our kids at home. It will be nice to keep in touch.
You don't happen to have any hints about clothing packing? It really has me baffled. You can really tell since we leave in 2 days and I don't have ANYTHING packed. :headache:

Leave any dress clothes at home do not need them. Weather was starting to get cool so bring jeans, sweatpants and a jacket for evenings, shorts may be ok during day definately capris are good. There is a nice laundry room at red cliffs lodge by pool so if you don't want to take a lot you can do laundry at end of trip just bring quarters. I believe you will have Tiffany as a guide and she is great. Make sure to do the hike to the arch it's unbelievable when you get there. Weather perfect for the hike not at all hot just take a few little breaks(everyone does) and enjoy. You'll want water clothes (swimsuit is fine) for rafting water a little chilly but not bad. My husband jumped in and said not too bad. You'll have a great time.

Thanx for helping me with the packing and the internet question. I am sure we will have a good time. Just have to remember to take my knee brace. DH and I aren't much of hikers, but I am looking forward to the Arches.

The guides give a speech at dinner the night before that makes it seem pretty hard, but it's not. There are some uphills that look scary but just take your time, (slow and easy) and you'll be so glad you went. If you have a walking stick you can take that if it would help. Only 1 guy had one on our trip, everyone else just went as fast or slow as they wanted. It's no rush, believe me there were people who walked very slowly but they made it and no one was impatient with them.

We also had high winds at the Grand Canyon and on the tour to Moument Valley so if you have a jacket or sweatshirt with a hood, its a good bring.

We also had high winds at the Grand Canyon and on the tour to Moument Valley so if you have a jacket or sweatshirt with a hood, its a good bring.
pamjb, toribelle has given you the lowdown! The only thing I would add is to DEFINITELY bring a hat! And if you have any ear issues, bring an earband or knit hat or something that covers your ears. The high winds really killed my ears. (And that included the hike to Arches, which got kind of windy towards the top.)

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Sayhello

Thank you, thank you both for the lowdown. I feel a better about this trip now. Ear band--check, hat---check. I am on a roll now. :yay:

I will tell them tonight at the farewell dinner. We are having a great time. The hike to the arches was wonderful. Don't know that I would be able to do it in the heat of the summer. Didn't even use my knee brace. The weather has been beautiful. The Grand Canyon was coooollllddd, but we survived. I do have one suggestion for the packing list....a bandana would have been mighty handy to keep out the dust on the jeep tour. Time to get ready for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter