SWA FEB Watch LIST (Feb/march is open)

from flyertalk.com, the 2004 dates when the schedule opened

July 29/04 - sked open to Jan 14/05
Sept 23/04 - sked open to Mar 3/05

we're thinking of trying to get down during Easter break and while I know the fares have to be higher than usual, I'd be happy with $200/pp. If the early March 05 schedule was open late September, 04, maybe somewhere around late October 05?

Anyone have first hand knowledge?

Thanks.

janets said:
we're thinking of trying to get down during Easter break and while I know the fares have to be higher than usual, I'd be happy with $200/pp. If the early March 05 schedule was open late September, 04, maybe somewhere around late October 05?

Anyone have first hand knowledge?

Thanks.
Perhaps..I think you can check on Flyer Talk.
Does anyone have experience in finding airfare fast when it comes out? I had no idea that they might be released any time during the day. Anyone notice any patterns in dates opening and then DING offers? I really need lots of help. Thanks!!! :cool1:

Waiting too for Feb 18 to 25, but also Dec 24 to Jan 1. I have seen dates extended about 11:00 am but I think it varies a lot.

I have never been lucky enough to get a good price on a SWA flight. (I will be happy with $99each way) I need ALB-MCO-ALB We are going Feb 18-25th...

I wish you LOTS of luck. Last year when these dates opened, I remember that there were no deals for the Sat-Sun Travel. (I don't remember Friday) Historically, we go Pres week amd have had to fly out Monday or Tuesday and Return the following Mon or Tues to get tickets under $250

We are also waiting for Feb. from BDL. We are somewhat flexible around President's Day and will go for the days with the best rate (figuring Monday - Monday).

I gave in - just booked Song from BDL for $114 each way. Going Thursday before President's Day and returning Saturday after. The return is much better than what I paid last year on SW ($185). Very excited to not have to worry about it - but I will probably still watch for the SW fares anyway!

lotsofkids said:
I gave in - just booked Song from BDL for $114 each way. Going Thursday before President's Day and returning Saturday after. The return is much better than what I paid last year on SW ($185). Very excited to not have to worry about it - but I will probably still watch for the SW fares anyway!
I need to chang my dates to MArch...and am trying to talk DH into 79 from boston(or JFK/LAG)...I don't think I can do better..But BDL would be closer for me. Cant get him to do that...so I am checking FF milage and waiting for SWA...I guess if I miss it we can always drive (but boston is only 2 1/2 hrs compared to 24 alb-orl) Can someone talk some sense into my DH?

We are waiting too!! PVD to MCO Feb 18-25 give or take a day or two. I remember reading last year that people stayed awake and booked thier flights at midnight the day they were released. I really hope that is not necessary! GGood Luck everyone!
Caren

I'm waiting with you "canwegosoon"- same airports, same dates, even the same DVC home! : :wave2:

Last year I logged onto Southwest just minutes after the schedule change and only high, non-refundable rates were left. It is possible that everything filled up that quickly but I tend to agree with those who think that they don't even offer the cheaper fare for that very busy week. I may be wrong on this and I would really like to hear from anyone who has info to the contrary.

Thanks
Joanne :sunny:

My dates are either 2/3-2/12 or 2/10 thru2/19. I would like the second choice because its less time off friom school. Here in Wisconsin we don't gwet a break for Pres day..we don't even get the actual day off!!

Waiting :Pinkbounc not so patiently. Our dates are Feb 5 to the 12.

Does anyone know if it's better to wait for the ding or book right away?

I am watching Feb rates just so that I can get ready to buy for March (2nd week of March). I hope it isn't out TOO soon, because my sis has still not committed to going yet!!

I don't even know for sure which weekend I get off of nursing school, the first weekend of Spring break, or the last weekend. My clinicals are Sat-Sun so I need to get this info quickly!!

Good luck getting discount fares, everyone! To squeeze this end-of-AP trip in, I need it too!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter