Swan and Dolphin Views/Upgrades/????

wdwcustar

Cedar Point Freek Extraordinaire... WDW Freek-In-T
Hey Everybody!

My parents and I will be staying at the Swan in late June of 2003. We are booked for a Standard room at the Nurse's rate. My question is this, there is a lot of talk about room upgrades, SPG membership, room views, etc: Is it possible to get a view of Epcot (or MGM) at the $129 standard nurses rate? Is this considered an "upgrade"? Must you be a SPG member to get this "upgrade" or can anyone request it? Is it only available at a higher price? I'm just a bit confused. We booked a standard room cause, while we are on a budget, my mom has ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Swan/Dolphin and when I found out about the Nurses rate, we just couldn't help ourselves. There's really no way that anything more than $129 would be feasable with our budget, but if there was a way to get a view of Epcot (my mom's fav park) instead of the parking lot view that we will probably get, I'd really like to know how.

Also, as I side note. We will be staying in a room with 2 Queen beds. I have heard talk that the rooms at the Swan are very small. Would we be better of just staying at an offsite or value resort? Are we talking that small? Or small in comparison to the Presidential suite at the GF? :earsboy: Just curious!

Thanks for all your help!
:earsboy: Jeff Walker :earsboy:

If you are staying in a deluxe room then you might get a view of Ecpot. Never hurts to ask they may have a room that can view ecpot for that same rate. Join the starwood preferred guest program dosen't cost you anything. the swan & doplhin has a $8 a day resort fee if you join they may or may not cancel the charge. Up grades are only avaible if they have room ask when you check in. Since these hotels are on Disney you will love the experiece rather than off site. Offsite you must drive to and from every day. Hope you have a wonderful experience.
:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:
MickeyMinnie.gif

Don't worry about the room size! The rooms are big enough. We are a family of 4 and fit quite nicely! Relax and enjoy! :D

We're SPG members but don't really stay in Starwoods properties much and have always gotten an upgrade when we asked. Perhaps we were just lucky, but S&D seem to do this very frequently. So, be hopeful, but don't expect it. When you make the reservation, ask if they'll note that you're requesting an Epcot view. They've done this for us. One time, I asked at check in and got the location we wanted. Our major preference is to have a balcony, and we've gotten one three times.

And I agree that the rooms were a basic hotel room size. I didn't consider them small, but not as roomy as the Poly or CR.

It's great to hear that some folks have had luck getting upgrades. I think I'll talk to my parents about joining SPG just for the sake of joining... you never know! Now, for these upgrades that you got: did that include an "upgrade" in price or same price?

Jeff

I stayed at the Dolphin this past July with the teachers rate. I joined SPG, but had no points before our stay. I e-mailed requesting a room in the far East wing on a high floor, with an Epcot View. Whe we registered, I asked if there was a chance for an upgrade. We were on the 14th floor with a view of the Eiffel Tower in Epcot, TOT and Mickey's Sorcerer Hat in MGM, and the Boardwalk. It was great.

Perhaps I've been making assumptions, but unless someone writes that they received an upgrade by paying $XXX more, the upgrade is complimentary.

When you request just use the terminology listed above, as in 'Never hurts to ask they may have a room that can view ecpot for that same rate'.

Also, don't feel foolish in asking. Those who ask will sometimes receive. We just went to Dubuque for the weekend and I didn't want to be pushy and ask for a room with a fridge/mircro because we had a GREAT deal on the room. Well, when I was sitting the last morning reading the pamphlet on their Club card (of which i AM a member), it listed a room upgrade (if available). So I was just stupid in not asking!

It never hurts to ask for a complimentary upgrade at any resort. Just put on your biggest smile and ask!

In August of 2001 I had booked a room at the Dolphin threough Dreams Unlimited for the great price of $155. This was a standard view and though DU didn't say quite what the standard view was the Dolphin site stated that standard could be parkinglot or semi obstructed view which would be parts of the roofs of the buildings and conference center. I joined SPG and when I arrived at the Dolphin I didn't ask for an upgrade, I just layed my SPG card on the counter with my credit card and the CM took it and never said anything. When we got to our room we found we had been upgraded to a King Premier room or what ever they are called. It had a King bed and was on the end of one wing with two windows one looking out toward epcot and the boardwalk, the other looking over at the Swan and Disne MGM. It had an expanded, covered balconey. I am now spoiled, which works in Starwoods favor as I don;t know if I would book a regular room there now!!!

In August of 2001 I had booked a room at the Dolphin threough Dreams Unlimited for the great price of $155. This was a standard view and though DU didn't say quite what the standard view was the Dolphin site stated that standard could be parkinglot or semi obstructed view which would be parts of the roofs of the buildings and conference center. I joined SPG and when I arrived at the Dolphin I didn't ask for an upgrade, I just layed my SPG card on the counter with my credit card and the CM took it and never said anything. When we got to our room we found we had been upgraded to a King Premier room or what ever they are called. It had a King bed and was on the end of one wing with two windows one looking out toward epcot and the boardwalk, the other looking over at the Swan and Disne MGM. It had an expanded, covered balconey. I am now spoiled, which works in Starwoods favor as I don't know if I would book a regular room there now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter