Swan/Dolphin thru spg.com, DU or 800#

Braque

It's the truth. It's actual.
Can our S/D experts recommend the best method to reserve hotel only for a starwoods member with little points, teacher discount and hoping for upgrades.

What are the pros and cons of each method?

- I just checked and we have 1,470 starpoints. Is this enough to get a free upgrade to CL or Jr. Suite? Am I crazy? How do I use these points thru DU or otherwise?

Thanks for any help!

I would book one of two ways.

1. Through DU because they are the pros and know all the ins and outs of everything Disney.

2. By calling the toll free number directly to the hotel - not to starwood reservations. The reservation folks at the hotel know the deals better - the folks at starwood reservations do reservations for starwood hotels all over the world.

As far as your points i do not know how many you need - or even if you can use them for an upgrade when booking at a discounted price.

Two days ago we booked our 2/27 - 3/6 2004 ressies at Dolphin. I tried to use SPG.com, but the site didn't list availability that far out. I then called the Starwood 888 number and locked in our dates at the Teacher's Rate. We've got about 2,400 pts., and I remember thinging that after the 2004 trip for which we have 2 rooms, my wife and I can benefit the next time.

Bill From PA

I booked through Swan directly and the reservationist gave me a Lake View room at the Standard View price ($129/gov't rate). That's a savings of approximately $24/night, which adds up.

When I booked the Dolphin this past July, I first called the hotel directly. They told me they had NO ROOMS available for our dates. Then I went into DU and they not only got me the room at the Dolphin, but managed to get me the teacher's rate for three of our five nights!

I just wanted to add that I recently got a great deal at the Swan Dolpin through Travelocity - it was a rate of 162.50 per night (standard) That was lower (by about 25) per night than what Dreams Res offered with the entertainment club discount, and significantly lower than what Expedia offered. This rate was for 5 nights over Memorial Day weekend - can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter