Swan vs Dolphin

Swan has nicer beds. Its smaller than the Dolphin as well.

Swan rooms have queen beds, Dolphin has double beds. If you need a king, you can go with either. We like both, but make our decision based on what type of beds we need on any given trip and the total price. Otherwise, they share amenities, so you can always walk back and forth to access the pools, restaurants, etc.

We like the Swan better. In addition to the beds being nicer and closer to HS and BW, the hotel is smaller and so it is easier and quicker to get around. DD stayed at the Dolphin last year when we were at the Swan and it took a long time to get to her room due to the size of the hotel. The room was nice enough but the Swan's are a bit bigger and better appointed. There are some nice restaurants at both but the quick serve option is better at the Dolphin. Unless price was much better at the Dolphin, we would stay with the Swan.

Others have pretty much summed it up. The Swan does seem a tad nicer to me but I go with whichever one is less. The bigger pool is on the Dolphin side but it is shared by both. Most of the food options are also in the Dolphin side so if you want less steps, that would be a good pick. Swan is smaller so feels a little like a convention hotel.

I like both, but will stay at the Swan if the cost is the same. I like how the Swan is smaller, and it is much easier to find your way around. I also like the larger bathrooms the Swan has.

We really like the little market/food options at the Dolphin for getting a quick breakfast (although, I haven't been at Swan since they redid their coffee shop area), as well as we like the lobby bar there better. If you think you are wanting to use the feature pool, it is closer to the Dolphin. We have stayed at both and I usually end up at the one that is cheaper.

The secret to the Dolphin/Swan is Marriot points. If you have a Marriott Visa or get one (free 50,000-100,000 sign up points, depending on the special they are running), you can literally generate enough points in a year or so to completely pay for your room. Both hotels are 'WDW resorts' and will get you early FastPass selection (when that returns), free WDW bus to parks, in hotel WDW service center, character meals and more. You can also walk to Epcot/Boardwalk or Hollywood Studios or use the WDW boat system. We have used Marriott points for 9 trips to WDW, most 3-4 days. It's truly an incredible opportunity for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter