Sweet 16 Birthday at WDW

JuliaPooh

Earning My Ears
We are planning to celebrate our DD's 16th on the 30th of Dec. She is so excited. We want to make the day extra special. Doesn't look like we can get an Illuminations Cruise, but we are doing Keys to the Kingdom tour. Are there any other ideas to make this a great day she will never forget?princess:

HOw about a spa treatment...maybe nails or pedicure or facial, massage....there is Grand Floridian, AKL, Swan and I think even WL all have spas...

Don't forget to book a special meal in advance and tell everyone that you talk to at WDW-DINE and in your resort and in the parks that it is your daughter's birthday.

Stop in at City Hall when you check in for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and get her a "Today is My Birthday" pin. Our daughter had a wonderful Sweet Sixteen trip to WDW and most of the fun came from caring CMs who noticed the pin and went out of their way to say "Happy Birthday" or to do something special for her.

We ate breakfast at Concourse Steak House at the Contemporary and Goofy called her on the phone to wish her a Happy Birthday. The chef at LeCellier sent her a dessert plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate following our lunch there. A CM at the Germany Pavillion brought additional CMs and a birthday cake out to our table at Sommerfest (we were in the midst of our Eating Around the World dinner) and everyone present sang Happy Birthday to her as we shared the cake. A CM at Haunted Mansion leaned over the side of the Doom Buggy and intoned "Happy Buth-day, Madam" in his best deathly voice.

It is something she will never forget, and most of the delight came from that silly pin! So, my best advice is to make sure you get the pin. :Pinkbounc

Elin

In addition to the "Birthday" pin from City Hall, you might want to go to a party store and get a "Sweet 16" pin - just so people know ;).

You can call the Disney Florist (www.disneyflorist.com) to see if they can make a sweet 16 corsage to be delivered to your room. Traditionally they are pink with sugar cubes wired in. :) (Friends in high school had them delivered by their parents as a suprise and it was really neat).

Personally, I'd pick Cinderella's Royal Table for a Sweet 16 meal. You can call ahead of time and see if they can get her an etched champagne glass...or, call the chefs and discuss a cake for her birthday. You have to pay extra, but it's not too much - and you get a lot of options (including filling!!). Wade was the chef that I spoke with last week for my DD's birthday and he was SOOOO nice!

Another good option is 1900 Park Fare - they have a Cinderella dinner there now, with Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother, Suzy and Perla - from what I hear. We originally were going to go there, but have MVMCP tickets on DD's birthday and decided we wanted to eat in the castle instead. At 1900 Park Fare, I think, they have a glass slipper dessert you can order - I think it's $8 - but it's beautiful (white chocolate filled with chocolate mousse, I believe).

Let's see - what else. Oh, you could get tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party if you're going down soon.

You can arrange for balloons to be delivered to her room from the Disney Florist or through a CM at your hotel.

Sounds like so much fun!!! Have a great time!

I don't have any suggestions to add, just wanted to say that's my birthday too!! so happy early birthday to your princess:
have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter