**SWEET TREAT sent/received thread**COMPLETED!!

I had Pooh Girl 71.....confirmation says it was delivered on Tuesday.:thumbsup2 I think she posted on another board she would be out of town until Sunday? :confused3

I posted earlier in the thread but I didn't know who sent the package. Thank you :thumbsup2

I posted earlier in the thread but I didn't know who sent the package. Thank you :thumbsup2

I'm sorry I missed it too! I had this nagging feeling I had missed a post somewhere, that's why I posted the list. Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup2

ETA: I remember now! I even told you I'd check the papers to see who sent it. I knew I had something I was supposed to do!!
Thanks again for checking in.

So now it's just jrnunzio3 and JLitfin's son left to receive. And Lisa was going to check her DC to see the status on those.

I'm sorry I missed it too! I had this nagging feeling I had missed a post somewhere, that's why I posted the list. Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup2

ETA: I remember now! I even told you I'd check the papers to see who sent it. I knew I had something I was supposed to do!!
Thanks again for checking in.

So now it's just jrnunzio3 and JLitfin's son left to receive. And Lisa was going to check her DC to see the status on those.

Nothing today.

Nothing was received on my end today. :confused3 :confused3 I think that Jlitfin's DS and myself were the last two to receive if I am correct. But there was no package for me today.
Jenny

Yes, you two were the last ones to receive and both were coming from Lisa. :confused: Weird. I wonder why her DC says it was delivered. :confused3

Oh Lisa...... can you check again and make sure both packages said they were delivered so we can try to figure this out.

Thanks!! :)

Just so happens I have Delivery Confirmation recent story too (non-Dis related).
Let's just say the lesson is -- Don't waste your money on Del Conf. It only tells the post office the item was delivered (supposedly). They don't guarantee or care to whom.
I have had people say it is a waste of money. I use to use it more than I do now. I have been trickling off.
Really for what it cost there is nothing I mail that would make it all worthwhile.
Twice it did help when I had traders who said they did not get the item I mailed, only to find out they looked harder and found it afterall.
But all the times I have used DC and only twice was it any kind of help really.

Oh -- and from my experiences the person who the item was suppose to have been delivered to has to contcat the USPS.
I e-mailed earlier this week (maybe last weekend :confused3 ) and got an reply right away.
Here was their e-mail in part:
Since you have not received this item and we show that it was delivered, I will be happy to document the problem for a resolution. However, I need some additional information so this can be sent to the correct office and you can be contacted. Please reply to this email with the following information:

- Your home telephone number
- Full name of the sender
- Address of the sender
- Full name of the recipient
- Address of the recipient
- Type of mail (letter, large envelope, package, large package, or unknown)
- Class of mail (Express Mail®, First Class Mail®, international, military, Periodicals, Priority Mail®, Bulk Mail, Parcel Post®, Media Mail®, or mixed class)
- Services added (Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™, Return Receipt, Merchandise, Insured, C.O.D., Signature Confirmation™, and/or Delivery Confirmation™)
- Label number
- Location the mail item was sent from (sender’s residence, other residence / business, Post Office™ ZIP Code™, Collection Box®, or unknown)
- Time and date the mail item was sent
- Contents of the mail item and value
- Whether you would like to receive a call regarding this issue (There is no guarantee that further information can be provided via email.)
- If you suspect foul play:
- Do you know who was involved?
- Do you know the name(s) of whom you suspect?
- Was it a Postal employee?
- Do you have a description?

Quite honestly, for one stinkin' pin all that effort is not even worth it to me and I am just dropping it. Someone other than I was delivered a nice Tink pin is my guess.

Here is what it says...

Delivered, April 18, 2008, 12:39 pm, ******* MD *****

Arrival at Unit, April 17, 2008, 7:56 am, *******, CT ***** <--does that mean it hasn't been recieved.

The arrival portion is when it was mailed (on the sender's end).
The delivery is when/where it was supposedly delivered.
In my recent case I think their "delivery" is when it was scanned by the postal carrier as he packs up his stuff in the morning.
Very few times has anyone seen their carrier actually scanning the DC as the package is being delivered. (Like UPS would.)
The delivery (from what I have read from other's experiences) is the package was scanned going into the final destination facility, or in my case when I believe my postal carrier was getting his load ready for the day. (I just have a guess of their schedule. My postal carrier does not deliver to our subdivision until mid to late afternoon. Yet it showed the packet being delivered early/mid morning.)

The unit means it is at the post office....so not out for delivery yet. My experience is that means it will be delivered the next day unless the arrival at the unit is really, really early in the morning.

The way I am reading it, is the item was scanned at the post office of mailing on April 17, 2008, 7:56 am. (Guessing maybe it was dropped off during the night and this is when they actually scanned it upon receipt. :confused3 )
That was Thursday, yesterday, morning.
Then they show delivery today, the 18th, around noon. But again, that is just whenever they scanned it at the delivery facility. Hard to say if that is the postal carrier scanning at delivery, or when the package arrived at their facility.

Here is an example of one of mine (X's filling in some info):

Label/Receipt Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
Detailed Results:

Delivered, March 28, 2008, 12:08 pm, XXXXXXX, FL XXXXX (my city, zip)
Acceptance, March 26, 2008, 3:58 pm, XXXXXXX, CA XXXXX (sender's city and zip)

The unit means it is at the post office....so not out for delivery yet. My experience is that means it will be delivered the next day unless the arrival at the unit is really, really early in the morning.

Then...... it should have been delivered today (as it states arrival at unit was yesterday at 7:56 am), I have a mid/late afternoon delivery time....:confused3 My question is, is the arrival at unit the same as my town or is it a different location in CT? (since everything is "X'd" out, I can't tell). Maybe it is just somewhere else in CT and hasn't arrived at my local post office yet.... I keep telling myself, good things come to those who wait.. ..... This is more fun than a soap opera....... I keep saying that I am going to shut off the computer for the night..but I am getting addicted to this thread and everyone's opinion as to what happened to the package. Looks like we have a real mystery here..... :confused3 :lmao:

Here is what it says...

Delivered, April 18, 2008, 12:39 pm, ******* MD *****

Arrival at Unit, April 17, 2008, 7:56 am, *******, CT ***** <--does that mean it hasn't been recieved.

Darn post office! Why do they have to make everything so confusing?? :confused:

I think that since they first one actually says delivered, then that's just what it means. So hopefully we'll hear from that person soon. (I think that one was for JLitfin's DS)

And the other one will hopefully be showing up as actually delivered in the next day or so.

I don't know, but that's my guess. :confused3

Then...... it should have been delivered today (as it states arrival at unit was yesterday at 7:56 am), I have a mid/late afternoon delivery time....:confused3 My question is, is the arrival at unit the same as my town or is it a different location in CT? (since everything is "X'd" out, I can't tell). Maybe it is just somewhere else in CT and hasn't arrived at my local post office yet.... I keep telling myself, good things come to those who wait.. ..... This is more fun than a soap opera....... I keep saying that I am going to shut off the computer for the night..but I am getting addicted to this thread and everyone's opinion as to what happened to the package. Looks like we have a real mystery here..... :confused3 :lmao:

Good things do come to those who wait! You'll get those treats, one way or another. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter