• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?switch resorts after final cancellation period

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Booked a bonus, upcoming trip several months ago. a value, the only resort available. We enjoyed it in February. Would like to switch it up tho this visit.

have been checking, nothing else has opened up Since for our dates. A few outrageously priced DS properties do remain. Am watching PL & HW jik something pops up

theoretically speaking, if I would see a last minute cancellation online; is there any chance of modifying my existing wdw reservation to a different resort?

online or via calling after the final cancellation date

Booked a bonus, upcoming trip several months ago. a value, the only resort available. We enjoyed it in February. Would like to switch it up tho this visit.

have been checking, nothing else has opened up Since for our dates. A few outrageously priced DS properties do remain. Am watching PL & HW jik something pops up

theoretically speaking, if I would see a last minute cancellation online; is there any chance of modifying my existing wdw reservation to a different resort?

After the cancellation date, I would guess no. If you book as room only, the cancellation date is much later than for a package. Disney’s “package” doesn’t really offer a ticket discount, so better to book as room only plus tickets if you are hoping for a better room to pop up.

Have AP so always room only for us.

I did attempt to call WDW to
Ask as to potentially switching but, wasn’t able To hold quite so long as appeared necessary Stupid RL lol

just thinking that there would be some degree of cancellations generally pop up to pounce upon

Definitely keep checking closer to the date. -----We have have a room only reservation as well. Our flights were changed and I needed to pick up an additional night. (We really didn't want to do a split stay but it was looking that way. We have the month of April to figure it out so I hadn't started to stress about it, yet.. lol)
I was able to get the additional night, last night.

I had a room only reservation and was able to change it within the 5 day cancellation period. I did have to call because in my situation I wanted to shrink the number of nights because I got a last minute match on my DVC request. It was explained that I had to keep at least one night to avoid the penalty (the deposit paid), but I actually got a refund because the one night was less than my deposit. Prior to this, I was able to modify my reservation online to change the resort when I shared the surprise with my son and he requested a different resort than I booked. I noticed that when modifying the resort, I had more options than showed up if I was trying to book a new reservation. You may want to see if you have Change Reservation as an option!

Yes, you can modify even within the cancellation time frame. With a package, technically, there is a $50 change fee, but if the new package is equal or higher than the original booking price, it's typically waived. There is no fee to modify a room-only reservation. I would try to do it online as opposed to calling. What you don't want to do is outright cancel within cancellation fee timeframes. Modifying isn't an issue.

You may want to see if you have Change Reservation as an option!
It’s still there, I figure it will disappear when the cancellation period starts in a few days.

Guess it wouldn’t hurt to call (& hold lol) trying to switch things around even if I do see something then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter