Tabitha and Paul's Escape Fairytale Wedding - November 2014

I've uploaded the pics to a different hosting site now so cross fingers my bookmark pic works!!

Bookmark_4.jpg

:cool1:

Groom's Gift
I've been thinking about what to get Paul as a gift on our wedding day, and the lovely ladyemz sent me a website with the perfect idea

groomgift.jpg

Paul's catch phrase at the moment with the wedding is 'is it time to go on the rides yet?!' hehehe so I think this will be perfect for him - all he has to do is shower, shave and show up!! I'm going to get him cufflinks as well but I'm going to save and get a set from Tiffany & Co, hopefully they will release a set I love in the next 2.5 years... I do like the keys that are out at the moment... then I would be giving him the key to my heart ;)

Love the gift set for Paul, especially the show up part. I joke with my partner that all he has to do is show up on the day, I may need to rethink this now so he showers and shaves LOL.

Love the pic on your bookmark, I miss my castle LOL

Love the gift set for Paul, especially the show up part. I joke with my partner that all he has to do is show up on the day, I may need to rethink this now so he showers and shaves LOL.

Love the pic on your bookmark, I miss my castle LOL

Hehe it's a great set isn't it, I think it's £30 on the website I found

I miss the castle too :( can't take credit for that pic unfortuantely I did found it on google :worship:

Wedding Bands
I know in a previous post I said we had found Paul's band... well we ended up going looking again yesterday and have finally found the one... actually for both of us!! Found them both at Beaverbrooks

Paul's
09612543.jpg

Actually on him
8ef3a11f.jpg

Mine
6704bc88.jpg

The diamonds are actually set on the side of the band rather than on the top, and it might look a bit weird by itself but I adore it with my engagement ring

Actually on me
f8385bd1.jpg

3 months of hard savings and we'll be able to go and pay cash for them, so roll on payday in May!

xxx

yay another 2014 bride! i keep thinking im
mad planning this early so glad someone else is too! i'm from
the UK too so know where your coming from about giving people notice to save up! i have just sent my save the dates out and have started buying whatever i can as i go along- ordered my shoes and going to hopefully pick out my wedding ring when i go on holiday to disney world in september! happy planning!

Wow over a month since I've updated this thing... not much has happened tho, but a couple of things :)

My Wedding Jewellery
It's been a life long dream of mine to own a solitare diamond pendant and diamond studs, and gosh darn it now I do! We traded in some old diamonds I had, along with some of Paul's old gold, and his old Brietling watch (we had got him a new one early last year), so with store credit and a bit of cash I'm now the proud owner of this beautiful set

a93519a0.jpg

The pendant is set in white gold on a 45 degree angle to match my engagement ring, the stone is 0.39 ct, which is awesome as I only ordered a .30! The studs are also set in white gold (the jeweller giggled at me and told me to turn them if I wanted them on the same angle... funny f*cker haha) and each of the stones is 0.31ct, again a bonus as I only ordered 0.25ct!

88af1872.jpg

I'm sooooo happy it hurts, and now I just have the painful task of putting them in the safe until the wedding :cry:

At the same time we bought Paul a white gold bracelet and ring for his right hand (sorry about the shadows... blame pizza express hehe)

1fb3f130.jpg

Bridesmaid dresses
We have been thinking about bridesmaids again, and while I techincally don't want one, and I'm a huge advocate of 'it's our wedding we'll do what we want', I think it would mean a lot to both Sarah and my sister Lucy if they were officially bridesmaids. I want to involve both the kids in the ceremony, but if I only had Sarah, Lucy would kill me hehe. So my plan at the moment is to have the two girls, Paul's son David and his dad as our 'bridal party', have them waiting at the alter with him, then when I arrive to have them sit down with the rest of the guests. Then everyone is involved and happy and I'm quite happy with the idea too :D

So onto the dresses!

We popped into a bridal shop in Lakeside as they stock Dessy dresses which I have fallen in love with, and the colour we love is called Sailor - below are my current short listed dresses:

DessyCollectionStyle2862.jpg

DessyCollectionStyle2861.jpg

DessyCollectionStyle2827.jpg

DessyCollectionBridesmaidStyle6576.jpg

Obviously I'm just looking at the moment... only problem is Sarah is here with us, and Lucy is in Australia. I need her to find somewhere she can try the dress on for size, then I can order it over here and take it over to Florida for her. I'm also toying with the idea of having the girls in flip flops - you can get colour matching flip flops from the Dessy website, not sure if that would dress the dresses down too much??

Oh and tiny suit for the boys update - Paul has been trying on dark blue suits which is what he had in mind, and they reallllllly don't suit him, so back to the drawing board!!

The rings are gorgeous!! Great updates!

Thanks Faith :D We've been speaking to our jeweller and he said he will make the rings for us rather than buying them retail, but he also said we should wait, he thinks gold prices will go down... so we're trusting him, and will reassess this time next year

yay another 2014 bride! i keep thinking im
mad planning this early so glad someone else is too! i'm from
the UK too so know where your coming from about giving people notice to save up! i have just sent my save the dates out and have started buying whatever i can as i go along- ordered my shoes and going to hopefully pick out my wedding ring when i go on holiday to disney world in september! happy planning!

Thanks for reading along Nicki :) trust me you rnot mad... I've been planning since we got engaged in october last year!! I'm hoping to get save the dates out this year... everyone who is coming already knows and is preparing, but I'd like to do a save the date anyway :) Good luck with your planning too!! xx

Absolutely gorgeous jewelery! So beautiful!

Paul's bracelet and ring look great too! So happy for you!

I was in the same boat as you with the bridesmaids. We ultimately decided to have them. Love the color of the dresses! My favorite dress is the 2nd one-- just stunning!

I don't know where I've been but I'm joining in! Your new diamond jewelry is b.e.a.utiful! I know how it feels to be excited to by something new for the wedding but then have to put it away. I started a wedding box for all that stuff but it's kind of fun to add to it as I go. I love that you can change your mind and still keep organized! Your pj has been fun to read so far! Can't wait to see more!

Oh, and I'm so happy your FILs are now going! I am sure that's a huge weight off your shoulders!

Absolutely gorgeous jewelery! So beautiful!

Paul's bracelet and ring look great too! So happy for you!

I was in the same boat as you with the bridesmaids. We ultimately decided to have them. Love the color of the dresses! My favorite dress is the 2nd one-- just stunning!

Thanks Faith :D i'm sooo happy with it it's unbelieveable, at least I can look at it all the time now, I'm determined not to wear it before the wedding :lovestruc

I don't know where I've been but I'm joining in! Your new diamond jewelry is b.e.a.utiful! I know how it feels to be excited to by something new for the wedding but then have to put it away. I started a wedding box for all that stuff but it's kind of fun to add to it as I go. I love that you can change your mind and still keep organized! Your pj has been fun to read so far! Can't wait to see more!

Oh, and I'm so happy your FILs are now going! I am sure that's a huge weight off your shoulders!

Thanks for joining in tinydancr! I might be the proud owner of wedding shoes next month, watch this space!! Im really happy they have decided to come, it felt so bad for Paul!

Cute BM dresses, can't wait to see what you go with. I personally am partial to no.3

I love them all, so will be great once I get Sarah in to try some on - bless her she's trying really hard to loose weight at the moment the same way Paul and I am and she's doing so well... and she't not worn a dress since she was 8 so it will be an interesting experienc!!

Beautiful dresses! I love #1 and #2!

Thanks Andrea, I hope at least one of them looks good on the girls!!

:dance3:

Hi Tabz, late to the party (as usual) but I just caught up on your PJ as another disney bride to be in planning! (never too early eh?! ;)) and I am loving it all so far :goodvibes Gorgeous BM dresses and jewellery, can't pick a fav one but I am leaning towards dress number 2 I think - such a beautiful colour too. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Wow...another month since my last update!!

Wedding Party Plan
So we originally weren't planning on having an official bridal party. After much thought on my part, I decided it was important to have my girls with me, and to acknowledge some people, especially my best friend Sam. So the planning began..... :D

She adores cards, one of her favourite things in the world, so I had one of my crafty friends from work, who scrapbooks A LOT make one for me:
The front
5ffe1f25.jpg

The inside
20dfd894.jpg

I wrote some smushy stuff on the inside as well, and ordered a personalised cake for her in our wedding colours

79469538.jpg

She was completely shocked and surprised when she read the card, so win to me! Oh and she said yes hehe.

I'm also going to have my sister Lucy and Paul's daughter Sarah, but I'm going to find lovely ways to ask them as well, want them to get excited!!

Videographers
After watching Natalie Tonk's video, I've found my perfect Videographers - Trinity Wedding Cinema. I emailed David who came back to me so quickly with a quote, 3 hours coverage of just getting ready, ceremony and some portraits - 2 videographers and 3 copies of the montage and raw footage on bluray, $795! I was well chuffed :D Have asked him to pencil in some time for us when we in Florida to meet and organise deposits etc.

Cufflinks
Our lovely Ladyemz was kind enough to bring back Paul's cufflinks on her trip in March - the crystal encrusted Mickey Heads! Will take a pic when I get home and add it then ;)

Shoes
I am the proud owner of my wedding shoes!!!!!!!

35e9d249.jpg

I love them, I adore them, I'd marry them if I could!!! £90 from Mode in Pelle, and they couldn't be more perfect!!!!

Planning Trip
WE HAVE BOOKED OUR PLANNING TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 Glorious nights of DDP (quick service was free but we upgraded to DDP) at Coronado Springs, departing Gatwick 4th November 2013! We still might change the last night to an independent stay, and stay at BLT with Emz and Scott but will confirm that closer to the time - so one year, 6 months and 3 days to go!!

Engagement Photos
I've contacted Regina to organise our engagement photos when we are there in November next year. Just waiting for her to email me back, it's very exciting! Trying to decide now which resort we should have the pics at - I want to reserve GF for wedding photos, maybe POR as thats where we had our first proper WDW holiday? Any ideas girls?!

More cake...
This style of cake has taken our fancy, a lot!

1259409c.jpg

I love the 'unfinished' look, and with blue orchids rather than the pink petals - and 2 tier of course!

Thanks for reading everyone xxx

Can you tell me how much your budget is? I;m from the UK too amd will have 10-12 people. Oh and when can you book for 2014?

Can you tell me how much your budget is? I;m from the UK too amd will have 10-12 people. Oh and when can you book for 2014?

Hi there :)

Obviously the prices will probably change between now and when we can book which is a shame but ho hum such is life!

Our Escape package is going to be $5750 for the wedding pavilion, this includes all the Escapey type stuff. My additional hour of Disney Photography will be around $300.

Our dinner at Citricos we are budgeting around $100 a head, so that will depend who comes, but for the full 20 people thats $2000.

Our additional photography will be $1700 for the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studio's shoots

I'm also budgeting about $75 a head for the Fantasmic dinner/dessert party the night before, so $1500 for the full 20 people.

I doubt we will get all 20 people, I'm thinking 16, but budgeting for the full 20 just in case :)

With regard to booking an escape package, you can call and pencil in your date and times 12 months before, but you can't actually book and know your date for sure until 8 months before. We will be there 11/11 which is the date we want, so I'm hoping we can get pencilled in after our site visit :)

Hope that helps!!

Hello! I just ran across your PJ! I thought I was overly insane for trying to start researching for our 2015 wedding.. Thank you for posting. I now do not feel so crazy in all this!princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter