Table Service Reviews from 8/27-8/30 ***Updated With Photos***

CamColt

We did the DDP for the first time last week. It was my family of 4(2 DS 6 & 9), and my mother and neice. If you want to see the cost for my family of 4 you can see the breakdown here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1217669
Unfortunately, I did not track the cost of my mother's and neice's meals as they were on another plan.

Overall we had 6 wonderful meals with great service. We would go back to them all. I'll break this into 2 posts as it got long.

WOLFGANG PUCK'S CAFE
This was our first night’s dinner and our first time eating here. I had heard mostly great reviews of Wolfgang Puck’s so my expectations were high.

Upon arriving a bit early for our 5:15 ADR, we were seated within a couple minutes. Our waitress explained everything on the plan very well. She knew her stuff. She was also helpful in regards to our DS’s peanut allergy and brought out a Chef.

DN & DM both got the quesadilla as their appetizers. These were big enough to be a meal and very good. DH and I both got Caesar Salads. Which were also very good.

For our entrees DN got the cheese raviolis. This was huge as was my pasta with a meatball. The meatball was a meal in itself. I was able to substitute penne for the bucatini with no trouble. DM got the filet and DH got the Wolf Steak. I tried both and have the say the filet was the better steak. All of our meals were absolutely delicious and there was more than enough food.

DSs got a kids pizza and a kid’s mac & cheese. They were both very impressed with these. Cam said the pizza was his favorite ever and Colt ate a good amount of his mac and cheese which says a lot.

Dessert came and DM, DN and myself went for the chocolate fondue while DH had the tiramisu. The chocolate fondue consisted of cakes/brownies & fruit to dip in chocolate. This was very different, not something you see everywhere. Unfortunately, we were all so full we only picked at that. DH’s tiramisu was probably the best we have ever had (yes I tried that too :blush: ). The custard in it was amazing. The kids got make your own sundaes which they played with more than they ate.

We all gave this meal 2 :thumbsup2 . The food was delicious and plentiful while the service was excellent too. Wolfgang Puck’s Café lived up to my high expectations.

KONA CAFE
This is one of our favorites and it did not disappoint. We had arrived about 4:45 for our 5:10 ADR. Since Kona was not open yet we sat in the lounge and got a drinks while we waited.

We checked in with our drinks (they allowed us to bring these in) at about 5:05 and were seated immediately along the railing. Now I know I’m in the minority here, but I love these seats and I think the atmosphere is wonderful here. I really enjoy having the view of the foliage in the lobby and hearing the water fall.

Again here our server was very friendly and helpful in explaining everything. She too got a Chef out to talk to DS.

For appetizers DH and I split a Caesar Salad and an order of sticky wings. DM & DN both got sticky wings. These are soooo good. ;) The salad was very good too.

For our meals DH got the prime rib, DM got the filet and DN and I got the beef terryaki. This came with potatoes but I was able to substitute sticky rice, which I love, with no problem. The prime rib was very good and my steak was just good this time. I think I should have ordered it a rare as it seemed to be cooked medium (I had ordered medium rare). It was still good, DN liked it very much. The sauce added a great flavor, but I know I have had better in the past. This also came with broccoli which was cooked well and delicious with the sauce on it.

DSs got Grilled cheese and a hot dog. We were able to subsitute sticky rice for the fries with the hot dog with no problem.

For desserts Cam was stuck with vanilla ice cream due to the peanut issue so he was a bit disappointed. DN, DM, and DH all got the kiddie cones (who are the kids here? :teeth: ). Colt just shared the kiddie cone with DN as kids can’t get the kiddie cone :confused3 . I got the banana caramel crème brulee which was wonderful. Stuffed as I was I ate a good portion of it.

CHEF MICKEY'S BREAKFAST
We started out here by arriving about 15 minutes early for our 8:00 AM ADR. After getting our pictures done we waited and waited and waited while almost everyone else got called. It was then I overheard another woman checking as she had been waiting a while and the CM told her the computer had gone down. DH had the beeper so I sent him right up to check on us. Wouldn’t you know they were ready for us too, we just hadn’t been called. So about 8:15 we were seated.

This is another one of our favorite meals and as usual the food was great. We did have 1 small complaint this time. The scrambled eggs weren’t just runny in the middle, but they were not cooked. While this was disappointing, there was so much other delicious food, we certainly didn’t go hungry. Some of my favorites are the breakfast pizza, pancakes and shredded potatoes (with cheese sour cream and bacon)

The character interaction was very good too, however my kids were being difficult this morning it made getting pictures a challenge.

The only other complaint we had about this meal was it seemed to take forever to get our cards back after paying and to get our change from the pictures we had bought. We were rushing to get out to the parks (after already having the tie up with being seated), but probably wasted another 10 minutes waiting on the waitress and picture lady.

Overall a very good meal, even though it was a bit stressful which was partially our fault.

ESPN
This is another one of our favorites. We showed up about 1:00 (I think) on Wednesday afternoon (Ernesto day) and we were seated immediately. We got a nice high table along the windows.

Since this was going to be a confusing meal we immediately told our waiter we had 2 dining plans…one for DM and DN, one for DSs, and DH & I would pay out of pocket, along with the drinks we had ordered (we were saving our credits for our 2 credit dinner the next night). He replied that is fine no problem you can share or do whatever you want. This waiter certainly wasn’t enforcing any of those rules, LOL! ;)

Cam was upset that they no longer had his favorite grilled cheese on the menu. The waiter heard this and said he could have that made for him. That made him very happy. Colt stuck to his usual hot dog and was happy with that too.

DM& DN both got nachos as their appetizers. DM got a Rueben Sandwich as her entrée and DN got another appetizer, chicken fingers. Again, doing this (getting an appetizer as an entrée) was not a problem. Both were very happy with their meals, but couldn’t come close to finishing them.

DH just got the bacon burger with fries and I got the nachos. I have to say these are some of the best nachos around and I really look forward to going here to get them. I order mine with just cheese & beef on them, everything else on the side. They did not disappoint.

For dessert, both DSs and DN got the hockey puck…a fudge covered brownie with vanilla sauce, ice cream, and whipped cream. These were great and DH & I shared them. DM got key lime pie which she enjoyed very much too. 1 thing I noticed after we returned was the Hockey Pucks were on the adult menu and I don’t think the kids should have gotten them, however, the waiter had rattled them off when he gave them their dessert options and they both jumped on them, so hockey pucks it was.

I know this place is just a sports bar, but for some reason we really enjoy it here. Good food, well made drinks, a fun atmosphere, and it’s a nice break for lunch from the heat and craziness of being in Epcot (we usually do go on our Epcot day).

Now here comes the only problem we had with the dining plan. We should have only been charged 2 credits for DSs meals but we were charged a lot…I think about 6. Then we realized something was wrong with all our slips. Basically we had been charged OOP for some things we wanted to use the credits for (we were trying to do it right and have the kids use THEIR credits), and stuff we wanted to pay for were charged credits for...many credits.….it was a big mess. I’m not even quite sure WHAT happened but it was all wrong. Then DM checked her slip. She hadn’t been checking the # of credits left. To her shock she now had 0 left and should have had 4 for the next 2 days. So in the end we had about 10 different receipts floating around the table. However I have to say the waiter and the manager who helped us couldn’t have been more helpful in fixing the problem and the both repeatedly apologized. The problem was handled so well, I don’t even consider it a problem. I have to say I was worried because what proof did we have that we really should have had 8 credits left, not 2? But they never questioned us or accused us of anything. They must have had some way to tell they messed up. :crazy:

All in all, we left another meal very happy…and very full.

To be continued.....

If you have any questions, just ask.

***Edited to add, I will try to get pictures up soon. I'm having trouble getting them uploaded.

I just made adrs for Kona so I enjoyed your review! It sounds great. Have you ever tried the mahi mahi or the filet?

It really is. We love it there. :thumbsup2
Unfortunatley,I don't eat fish and I never tried the filet. We are pretty boring and stick to the same old stuff. ;) The other meal I have tried there is the Pan Asian Pasta with chicken and that has been delicious too.

excellent reviews! loved the details.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I have made 1 correction from my original post. SPoppins, you will be happy. ;)
My mother actually had the filet at Kona, not the Prime Rib. She corrected me. :blush: I remembered she was very happy with it. That came with asparagus.

Thank you for the detailed reviews. I tried the railing table at Kona last time but it was just too "busy" for us. Oh well.

I also have to find some time to try the nachos at ESPN. YUM!

Great reviews, thanks for taking the time to post. :cool1:

Thanks for the great reviews, we are thinking of going to ESPN while at epcot think you may have just convinved us to go and try the nachos! :cheer2:

Ok, I figured out my new camera finally and I can get some pictures up. Unfortunatley, some came out blurry so I don't have as many as I would have liked. Also, I realized I slacked off a bit on photo taking this trip, so I don't have all meals.

WGPC

Ravioli
ed0b2444.jpg

Wolf Steak
ed0b2429.jpg

Tiramisu
ed0b2125.jpg
Chocolate Fondue
ed0b2104.jpg

Kona Cafe

Kiddie Kone
ed0b1f2c.jpg

ESPN

Hockey Puck
ed0b1be4.jpg

I have a question please ..

There doesn't look like there's very much chocolate in the cup with the chocolate fondue at Wolfgang Puck's. How much is it? I guess I'm spoiled by going to the Melting Pot. I like lots of chocolate! :cloud9:

There was plenty of chocolate. :thumbsup2 I love chocolate and was trying to get a lot on the items I did eat (we were so full none of us finished). I left some in the bowl, but I think if I used an adequate amount on each item there would have been enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter