• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take Out From Trails End Buffet?

When we were there in April, I took the kids to eat at Trails End while DH napped (we had just arrived after driving 22 hrs straight). Anyway, they gave me take-out countainers and told me to "make sure you get enough because it's a long walk back for a refill".

Nope, sorry, only golf cart parking there. We have done the take-out though, and it was good! We filled the containers with the meats and whipped up the veggies at the motorhome.

Oh well. I'm not sure how well the food would travel on the bus back to the cabins. Last time we ate there it seemed we had to wait a very long time to get a bus. I'm sure it was less than 15 minutes, but I think with hot food it might not be a great idea.

We did this once (I don't know if it's "legal" or not) - we drove down to a loop very close to Pioneer Hall and asked somebody that was sitting out at their picnic table if we could just park in their spot for a few minutes while we ran into Trail's End for takeout. They were happy to oblige (we bought them cookies). :)

Rhonda, that's too funny! I think what we could have done was dropped off one person and had the other drive around for while & then come back to pick up. We were just so tired and frustrated that we weren't being creative :)

Hey, we carried a large pizza back on the bike once--that was a hoot!

So how does this work? You pay for the buffet, fill up your container and pay by the container? Can you do this for all meals?

Had to ask my sister--I was sitting with the little one who was napping when she did it--but she said that it was regular meal price, they gave her two containers (one large and one small) and she had to be able to close the containers. She is quite proud that she was (barely!) able to close them.

We got the one meal to go and fixed a few other things in the motorhome and had a great meal for three adults!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Picturing the balancing act on the bike with the pizza!!! :teeth:

If you have a bike that you take on trips with you all the time may I suggest you get a shallow (4 - 6 inches deep) but wide (as wide as your handle bars, & at least 12 - 18 inches front to back) that you can pop on & off your handle bars for things like getting meals to go! Don't forget the bungie cord to hold everything in... in case of a big bump!!!:rolleyes:

Hubby can eat enough for 2 - 3 people. I eat enough to sustain a mouse. I'll take the bike to the take out & get one big meal & split it back at the camper! Can't wait to see his face when I come back with what they serve at this buffet!!! It's a great buffet!!!

:wave:

Wooo hoooo broke the 200 mark!!!! Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter