• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Takumi-Tei

Queen2PrincessG

DIS Veteran
Really debating going to Takumi-Tei but holy molly the price! But holy moly the food options. Has anyone recently been that can share a little feedback?

We've been twice. It's, IMHO, one of the best restaurants in WDW and definitely, IMHO, the best in EP. Of the dishes we've tried, the Nikomi Wagyu has been the biggest hit - it's quite large, actually and could definitely serve as an entree (last time we went, my DS12 had a maki roll and the Nikomi Wagyu and it was a ton of food). I had the Sea Bass last time which was very good. I would probably avoid the sushi and sashimi. While the presentation was lovely, I still prefer the sushi/sashimi at Kimono's. The next time we go, I'm going to try the Tempura Ebi which looked amazing!

We did the omakase the first time we went and though DS loved it, it was too much beef for me. IMHO, if you'd like to go, but keep the pricing down a bit, I would highly recommend pairing the short rib appetizer with another appetizer or one of the maki sushi (which are also pretty large portions and can be shared). If we go again as a party of two, we'll probably do an appetizer, a maki roll and the ebi tempura and just share everything.

The staff are really lovely there and the restaurant is beautiful.

Edited to add: to keep costs down, I would also consider getting dessert somewhere else in EP (from a kiosk or the bakery in France). We tried the water cake on our first visit and I did not like it at all. Quite honestly, on our second visit, after having some of DS's maki and my sea bass, I didn't have room for. dessert anyway!

My husband and I went in December, and we absolutely loved it! We are adventurous eaters though. The restaurant was beautiful, and the staff were fabulous. We really wanted to full omakase meal, and the staff recommended we share one, instead of two. That worked out perfectly! When we left this restaurant, we both looked at each other and said that we couldn't believe that place was in Disneyworld. You feel like you have escaped to Japan when you are there!

I had originally booked us for February, then DH said he wanted to try it in December so I moved it. Then after we ate there, I booked it for last week as we liked it so much. Lovely atmosphere, great service, fabulous food. We ate in the wood room the first time and when we checked in last week they asked us where we had eaten before and then said they'd put us into a different one (stone room).

In December, I had the wagyu shortrib appetizer (nikomi wagyu) - incredibly delicious. So beautifully presented. Then I had the duck and the castella cake for dessert. The cake was nice but the honey caramel sauce really made my brain do a happy dance. DH had the miso soup and the artisan wagyu beef. He had the yuzu cheesecake for dessert which he liked. He doesn't actually like cheesecake but said that it was not like regular cheesecake. We had a lovely nigori sake and a yuzu sake for dessert (plus wine with entrees). Tried very hard to find that yuzu sake at home but no dice.

Last week I had the fried tofu appetizer. It was so beautiful I almost hated to eat it. DH had the mushroom broth which he really liked. It comes with rice in a separate bowl so it's more filling than just a bowl of broth. He then had the duck and I had the cattleman's harvest wagyu. We both had the water cake which I'd heard a lot of conflicting reviews about but we really liked it (especially the yuzu crumble). We each had a glass of sake - different ones to pair with the entree, I also had a gin/nigori sake cocktail to begin (Kami). Again very beautiful; it came in a funnel shaped glass inserted into a bowl-shaped glass filled with ice. We had the yuzu sake again (sooo good).

The first meal in December was about $345 and the one last week was about $300. This place will be on our frequently booked places. We didn't have a single bite that we didn't think was delicious. Our server said that they may be changing the menu in the next couple of months so I look forward to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter