Talk June to me!

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
Weather, Crowds, special events, give it all to me!
More specifically the first full week!

We were there from June 1st to June 13th. We were in a Treehouse Villa, went to 3 Disney TP's and Universal 3 times. The weather ranged from comfortably hot, to scorching in the latter days. There were occasional Thundershowers, almost one every day on average, but they were short and we had no completely rainy days.
The parks were crowded, but I've had busier also. Universal was more crowded than the Disney parks during our visits. We didn't do any special events. I can tell you more if you want, just ask. :)

( I did a trip report if you want to read it, but it's mostly about the Treehouse Villas themselves: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...r-9-person-stay-experience-june-2023.3922130/ )

We were there 12th to 18th. Crowds not overwhelming. Weather was VERY HOT & HUMID and even CMs said it was a "heat wave" for them. Don't bother with makeup, leaving hair down all day, sweatshirt, or trying to go from rope drop to closing!
If you like umbrellas as I do, hold it out in front of you going thru metal detectors. I was never stopped and bag searched as long as I did this! You'll most likely need an umbrella every other day/night at some point. (but not as often as you imagine)
Epcot has live music to enjoy at American Pavilion. Flower&Garden Festival is AMAZING!!!
Bring a tiny portable fan into parks. Saved me a few times! Pool water (at BLT anyway) was like bath water🙄)
Watch the weather on your phone and make choices accordingly.
Have a magical time!!

We went June 5-9 in 2021. Wait times were fairly low, and it was easy to get on all of the rides we wanted to. Epcot looked/felt crowded probably due to the construction walls, but the wait times weren't bad. It was hot but we managed it just fine with a UV umbrella and cooling towels. I also try to go on rides with shaded and air conditioned queues during the heat of the afternoon and/or take lunch breaks in the AC.

I was there June 11-17 this year, so second full week. It was busy, but not max capacity. Weather was in the mid 90's with unusually low humidity of around 50%. There were a few afternoon showers, but no drenchers. Those would usually come a little later in the season anyway. Last year ('22) we were there the last week of May and it was about the same for the weather, but the crowds were fewer. Our DD doesn't really care much about fireworks yet so we took advantage of non-existent waits for major MK attractions during those times. We had a blast and can't wait to get back in Dec. Next year we're going on DD's spring break which is the first week of April. o_O We're curious to see the difference.

We do the 2nd to 3rd week depending on when school get’s out (hubby is a teacher) and it has become a favorite for us… the last 2 years we had NO rain which was crazy for us. We also felt like crowds were pretty low key, not full blast yet. It is hot, but not quite oppressive yet (we’ve done late Aug/early Sept for reference).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter