Talk to me about late November/early December

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Are there ever any packages for that time? Are flights etc... a decent price? How late in December can I go before prices start rising? What time of year do they start doing the Christmas party and Candlelight processional?

We just got back from a trip the week after Thanksgiving. Flights were priced fine, so long as we flew out the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (they were VERY high the Monday after the holiday). The weather was perfect, MVMCP and CP were in full swing and all resorts were decorated, but the parks were somewhat crowded. That said, we plan to go back the same time next year (Tuesday after Thanksgiving).

I'll also note we couldn't get a discount for this time period, so paid rack rate.

This year we visited in mid-November and last year the first week of December. The weather was exceptional for both trips no rain, sunny every day, highs in the upper 70s to about 80. Slightly cold, IMO, for swimming when it was breezy. Crowds were about the same as summer and spring. Honestly, crowds always seem about the same to me. By December all the Christmas decorations are up but they weren't fully up at the Grand Floridian by the day we left this time (Nov 19). The Christmas party starts in early November. The parks, particularly Hollywood Studios, looked fully decorated. I love that time of year and would definitely go again! It's nice to be comfortable walking around all day!

If you want low crowds, I'd go back to considering January right after the schools are back in session.

If you want low crowds, I'd go back to considering January right after the schools are back in session.

Not really my concern. The January trip was a possibility, only because one of DH's courses may be canceled for January, so he would find himself with an extra 3 weeks off after Christmas. We find out about that tomorrow. If that doesn't pan out, then I was thinking maybe of trying to take advantage of the Canadian special and take the kids myself next winter for the Christmas party and decor. Figured I would go early to skip the insane post-Christmas crowds and nab cheaper flights. It would just be kids and I. If January doesn't pan out, looks like next family trip to Disney won't be till 2020 or 2021.

Just got back. went the Monday after Thanksgiving. Airfare was priced great, just hunted for a deal about 4 months before. Also got free dining, so that was nice. Parks were decorated, did the Candlelight Processional and Mickey's Christmas Party in MK. Low crowds, except last Saturday night at Epcot had a ton of Brazilian teenage girl tour groups. We spent that Saturday during the day at HS, and it was low crowds.
Weather was perfect. Highs in the 78-82 range, lows in the 58-65 range. For me, it was close to a perfect trip. would pick this week again in a heartbeat.

Just back, like LiaNWillsmom mentioned Epcot was a zoo on Saturday night. Those tour groups are bad enough but when the start jumping and chanting while pushing their way through the crowd it was just awful.

AK on Thursday was managable. Weather was absolutely perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter