• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk to me about selling...

It's just myself, my husband, and our 10 year old son. He has special needs and will likely be living with us his entire life. So eventually it would be 3 adults in the room. Right now, if we were to stay in any 1-bedroom, he would likely sleep in the main bedroom just sharing the bed with myself or my husband. I'm not sure I'd like him out in the main living space by himself yet. But hopefully when he's older it won't be a problem.

So right now, a 1-bedroom that doesn't have a murphy isn't ideal since myself or my husband would be stuck on the pull out couch. But if we could get into BRV at 7 months, that would work out fine because the murphy was comfortable in the studio.

I'll go check out that room size comparison though!

One other thing...we will almost exclusively go to WDW in January/February so looking at the charts, a 1-bedroom at BRV doesn't look too difficult to get.
I believe you had previously stated that if you bought CCV and then saw a good BRV contract come along that you would be disappointed you didn’t own at BRV….. that should tell you something….

Also not helping...

I can't think of a better resort than WL to hunker down and stay at. Parks, no parks. Doesn't matter. It's probably the one place I can see going to and not having to leave very often.

For me, that's saying a lot. I would stay 3 days at 5 different resorts every trip if my wife would let me. But, she won't. 8-)

I believe you had previously stated that if you bought CCV and then saw a good BRV contract come along that you would be disappointed you didn’t own at BRV….. that should tell you something….

Hmm....true. My husband is definitely leaning more toward just have BRV points even if it isn't the best value, in the long run.

Very true!

So okay....do I buy a 150 pointer now or just wait for 100 to show up?
If you can afford a 150 pointer now, I'd get it. You can sell the 50-pointer at your leisure, or rent out the points for a few years to offset the bite of paying fees on the sale.

If that stretches your finances too far, patience is always your friend. Eventually a 100-pt contract in your UY will turn up.

But is renting a big pain? I worry it would just stress me out. But maybe if we go through a company like the sponsor site, it's easy? Hmm...there's so many factors to consider!

But is renting a big pain? I worry it would just stress me out. But maybe if we go through a company like the sponsor site, it's easy? Hmm...there's so many factors to consider!
I don't think it's a big pain, but there is some work and some risk, plus you need to account for taxable income on your rental gains. I haven't done it, but lots of people do, especially through brokers.

Yeah...that is the plan. We basically want 150 points, total. We only have 50 right now. We definitely want the same use year and we just haven't seen any 100pt ones yet. But there is currently a decent 150 out there. I know I'm just being impatient. Ha!

Of course, now we're questioning our decisions completely and we're kind of all over the place. We stayed at BRV in January and fell in love with it, which is why we went with that for our 50 pointer. And honestly, we could probably make just 50 work for a while, staying in studios. But we keep thinking we'll want to jump up to 1-bedrooms sooner, rather than later.

When I was posting here trying to figure out that first BRV purchase, a lot of people said we should consider CCV instead and then we could just switch to BRV at the 7-month mark. But at that time, I was really looking mainly at studios so I knew getting into a BRV studio at 7-months was more risky that I would prefer. That was why we decided sticking with BRV for our contract would be the best choice.

But now....if we're looking at doing 1-bedrooms....maybe a CCV should be back on the table? Because it looks like 1-bedrooms at BRV at the 7-month mark might be fairly easy to get? And so we could still stay at BRV, our preferred section of WL. But then we'd essentially get an additional 20+ years on the contract that we would then use at CCV after 2042. (Or we could sell CCV in the future an likely see some of our money back.)

I just don't know what the best choice is.
There is a cost to selling that I wouldn't incur in this scenario. However I'm also of the opinion that since the purchase is to allow a 1BR at BRV in Jan or Feb that it isn't necessary to make that purchase BRV. We each have our own tolerances for the 7 month window and mine is a large tolerance for sure. Buy where you want to stay isn't a bad recommendation but unlikely to be necessary for what you want to book. Take a look at the 1BR availability for BRV for the rest of this year. It's skimpy for the next 8 weeks as one would hope but then very few days that are not available thru Dec 31st. The ones that are gone are pretty explainable.

Otherwise you could purchase the 150 pt BRV and with your 50 would be much closer to the mark of a 1BR every year. What tends to happen is you'll change and plan around using the points you have. :teeth: But I don't think you'd really go wrong with a 100 pt CCV contract. Those rooms are smaller than BRV rooms but for 3 ppl in a 1BR it still provides plenty of room compared to a studio. And I'd say if you weren't able get into a BRV 1BR every time at 7 months it would easily happen the majority of the time. I'd not be surprised if you said it happened every time though if you switch right at 7 months.

At this moment...I feel like I'm still leaning toward all BRV points instead of any CCV. But I honestly do go back and forth a lot because the extra years on CCV would be nice (even if we just wanted to still get out of DVC around 2042...we could sell CCV.) My husband seems really firm on BRV though. So he may be the one to make the final decision which we watch the resale market.

If it were me, I'd probably keep what you have, and buy the 150 ponts contract if it is in your budget. That way, it would at as one 200 point contract, and you have a buffer if you ever decide you need a larger room size or different travel dates. If you find you don't need all those points, you can always rent them out to cover their cost.

You seem on the younger side, with a 10yo son who will be with you for the foreseeable future. That is the one factor that really would give me pause with BRV, no matter how much you love it. 1br availability isn't nearly as hard as studios, and you are still new to WDW DVC. I would go for 100-150 either CCV or something else that has a longer lifespan, I'm willing to bet that there are quieter rooms at CCV that will be good for you, and/or you can switch at 7 months.

I'm assuming CCV will get murphy beds in 2025. Definitely important to us but not necessarily a deal breaker either (considering we own at VGC which doesn't have them yet either.)
Hope so! Although BLT was supposed to be in 2024 and now it's "2024-2025" so who knows ...
In the meantime, though, you could try other resorts that have the murphy beds - you may find ones you really like.

If it were me, I'd probably keep what you have, and buy the 150 ponts contract if it is in your budget. That way, it would at as one 200 point contract, and you have a buffer if you ever decide you need a larger room size or different travel dates. If you find you don't need all those points, you can always rent them out to cover their cost.

Yeah....so....I put in an offer on a 150 BRV contract earlier today and they countered and we accepted. And for now, we're going to hold onto the other 50 BRV one we have. And if we end up deciding it's too much, then we'll just try to sell it at that point. I really just didn't want to pass up the 150 contract that was in our UY.

You seem on the younger side, with a 10yo son who will be with you for the foreseeable future. That is the one factor that really would give me pause with BRV, no matter how much you love it. 1br availability isn't nearly as hard as studios, and you are still new to WDW DVC. I would go for 100-150 either CCV or something else that has a longer lifespan, I'm willing to bet that there are quieter rooms at CCV that will be good for you, and/or you can switch at 7 months.

Hope so! Although BLT was supposed to be in 2024 and now it's "2024-2025" so who knows ...
In the meantime, though, you could try other resorts that have the murphy beds - you may find ones you really like.

I'm not old but not really young either. 42. My husband is 45. I do have an autoimmune disease that effects my overall health and mobility so it's honestly hard to say what the distant future holds for us with WDW. As I posted above, we decided to just go for the 150 at BRV. Come 2042, will we regret that? Who knows. I suppose nothing is set in stone and if we have the money we can always switch to CCV down the road if we wanted. But for now, I think I'm good with deciding to stick to BRV.

We would like to try out other places, some years, if there's availability at 7 months. Top of my list is probably Beach Club and Grand Floridian. I would maybe be interested in BLT after murphy beds go in.

If you can afford a 150 pointer now, I'd get it. You can sell the 50-pointer at your leisure, or rent out the points for a few years to offset the bite of paying fees on the sale.

If that stretches your finances too far, patience is always your friend. Eventually a 100-pt c

Yeah....so....I put in an offer on a 150 BRV contract earlier today and they countered and we accepted. And for now, we're going to hold onto the other 50 BRV one we have. And if we end up deciding it's too much, then we'll just try to sell it at that point. I really just didn't want to pass up the 150 contract that was in our UY.

I'm not old but not really young either. 42. My husband is 45. I do have an autoimmune disease that effects my overall health and mobility so it's honestly hard to say what the distant future holds for us with WDW. As I posted above, we decided to just go for the 150 at BRV. Come 2042, will we regret that? Who knows. I suppose nothing is set in stone and if we have the money we can always switch to CCV down the road if we wanted. But for now, I think I'm good with deciding to stick to BRV.

We would like to try out other places, some years, if there's availability at 7 months. Top of my list is probably Beach Club and Grand Floridian. I would maybe be interested in BLT after murphy beds go in.
Congrats! My prediction is you’ll make so many wonderful memories with the 200 points, you won’t be able imagine life with 150 😎

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Congrats! My prediction is you’ll make so many wonderful memories with the 200 points, you won’t be able imagine life with 150 😎

We'll see how I feel come dues time in January! 🤣

(nevermind me. Saw your latest update after I posted that.)

Aww, now I'm curious what you had to say! (Unless it will make me have buyer's remorse. If so, then nevermind. Ha!)

Aww, now I'm curious what you had to say! (Unless it will make me have buyer's remorse. If so, then nevermind. Ha!)
Not at all. I was going to say keep the BRV and add on another BRV (just suggested different increments so I removed it). I think that was the right move to stick with BRV and just add more. Now you can add on a little or remove the 50 and dial in just how many pts you end up needing, as needed.

Me.....

January - Stay at BRV. Fall in love.
February - Hmm.....this 50 point BRV contract should be plenty to stay in a studio for every other or every 3rd year. Purchases contract.
Early March - Well....maybe we should add on 50-75 more points so we can go a little more often if we want. I'll just watch the resale sites to see what pops up. (Nothing pops up.)
Late March - Well....maybe we should actually look at 100 more points. That way we can stay in a 1 bedroom instead of a studio. (Nothing pops up.)
April - You know....this 150 point contract is looking really good......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter