• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tana & Jim -- May 2009: @ home wedding & Disneymoon!

TRBelle84

Mouseketeer
Hi all :)

I've lurked on here for quite some time so I figured it was time to come out and play!!

I'm Tana & my fiance Jim & I are getting married in our hometown of Warwick, RI on May 9, 2009... We leave for our 10 day Disneymoon on Tuesday May 12! We are staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in their Concierge Level!

I sent off our ADR requests to the IPO office last week and other than that, we are counting down the days until we become Mr. & Mrs. & head to Disney to celebrate!!

Nice to "meet" you all... happy planning :)

Here's our engagement story! :)

After some crummy dates I decided to give the world of internet dating a whirl! Jim and I met on Yahoo Personals and after a few chats and phone calls, we realized that we were far more connected than we ever expected... We actually grew up 4 streets from each other and his Mom was my Preschool teacher! Fate can be a funny thing and when we met on August 25, 2006, we just knew this was it!

Our proposal story: Pretty early on in our relationships we started talking about marriage and children. So after dating for nearly a year, we headed to NH for a weekend getaway on August 24, 2007 to celebrate our anniversary. I sort of had a feeling that he might pop the question while we were away but he did his best to reassure me that he wasn't planning on doing anything and that my bling would be coming in October. So we made the 3 hour trip to NH and as soon as we got checked into our hotel room I noticed a bottle of wine, flowers, and some chocolates near the jacuzzi tub. He quickly told me that he called the office of the resort and asked them to put something special in the room to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Then he said we should exchange our anniversary gifts and he wanted me to go first. He hands me this giant bag and I pull out a Red Sox windbreaker (which I loooooved and immediately put on and proclaimed "I don't need anything else!" haha!), and a DVD that said "Year One: Us". So we pop in the DVD and he had put together a slideshow of our year together and all the fantastic things we had done together... all set to the Snow Patrol song "Chasing Cars". I think I started to cry as soon as I saw the first pictures! I couldn't believe how much thought he put into this DVD! So the DVD is winding down and it's that part of the song where the music changes right towards the end and all of a sudden the picture coming into focus is my favorite Shakespearean Sonnet and a ring on it... not just any ring, a big, gorgeous diamond ring. Next thing I know, Jim's behind me with the ring box open saying a bunch of sweet things and asking me to be his wife!! Needless to say, the waterworks really started then! I couldn't ask for a more perfect proposal or a more perfect man to spend the rest of my life with!

Congrats!!! What a sweet engagement story!! Can't wait to read more about your big day! I'm having a home wedding also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter