Tangerine Cafe (temporarily?) closed

Just saw this on Twitter:

This is very weird...it was never super busy when I went in July, but I’m surprised it closed with no announcement. They had cast members from Morocco, maybe it‘s something related to that? It’s a shame regardless, it was a new find for us and we loved it.

When this happens in my area, it's because someone who worked there tested positive for Covid and they have to close for 48 hours for a deep clean.

Tangerine Tangarine,etc.

Took me years to learn the correct spelling of Tangierine.!lol

Hardest word to spell in all of WDW!

Interesting that Tangierine had CMs from Morocco. :)

This is one of my must eat at places and I go several times per trip. I am very saddened by the closing and hope they open up soon. Disney has many cast members from these Countries that now live in the Orlando area. I know this because I see them every year and have spoken to them. There are many that work in the Japan pavilion that have lived her for decades.

Oh my goodness, I don't know if I'm dumb or just never realized the name referenced Tangier....I always thought it was just talking about the citrus...

I'm just the opposite-until someone pointed out to me just a few years ago that there are 2 tangerine trees planted in the courtyard.
I'm so sad about this being closed-the reason I never went to either Moroccan TS place was that Tangerine Cafe was my favorite restaurant in Epcot. Wonder what happened?

An article I read said that it's not getting enough business to justify staying open right now. So hopefully it comes back when the crowds do. It's my favorite place to eat in Epcot.
Also surprised peopled didn't get the TANGIERine name.

We ate there for lunch, rather early around 12-12:30 a few weeks ago, and it was a bit of a disaster, even though the place was pretty much empty.

The regular registers where the main food is served from were closed, so I had to pay at the coffee/pastries register all the way in the back. Then I went to the front to get the food and the guy did not know who had ordered/paid and they handed one of our two trays to a guy that took it, but apparently had not paid. I had to argue that the other guy was not with my party and I was missing two lamb platters. I ordered baklavas, and they didn’t give them to us and with the mixup with the trays I forgot they didn’t hand it to us. Note that we are huge fans of Tangierine Cafe and eat there every trip. My DD is vegetarian and ADORES their food. But, if all that chaos happened with only one family paying, I can’t imagine they were ready for more of an influx of guests.

We ate there for lunch, rather early around 12-12:30 a few weeks ago, and it was a bit of a disaster, even though the place was pretty much empty.

The regular registers where the main food is served from were closed, so I had to pay at the coffee/pastries register all the way in the back. Then I went to the front to get the food and the guy did not know who had ordered/paid and they handed one of our two trays to a guy that took it, but apparently had not paid. I had to argue that the other guy was not with my party and I was missing two lamb platters. I ordered baklavas, and they didn’t give them to us and with the mixup with the trays I forgot they didn’t hand it to us. Note that we are huge fans of Tangierine Cafe and eat there every trip. My DD is vegetarian and ADORES their food. But, if all that chaos happened with only one family paying, I can’t imagine they were ready for more of an influx of guests.

How strange. Why would it matter where you paid? They usually ask for your receipt so that they can verify the order. Did it seem as if they were different cast members that had never worked this location? As someone who has worked in food for over 30 years, this small change should not be enough to throw the staff into chaos. So sad to hear your bad experience. That is unacceptable.

We ate there for the first time in January and we really enjoyed the food. My husband and I shared a platter because neither of us was overly hungry but I thought it was really good; it was nice to have something different. We'd definitely go back.

Hope someone reports when its reopen! Its our fav quick serve in all of WDW and was planning on eating a dinner there in sept!

An article I read said that it's not getting enough business to justify staying open right now. So hopefully it comes back when the crowds do. It's my favorite place to eat in Epcot.
Also surprised peopled didn't get the TANGIERine name.

I heard the same.
My concern is that closing places due to lack of business, while smart business wise, can become a self-fulfilling prophecy as fewer people will go if fewer places are open, and it just becomes a downward spiral. Take the "safety precautions" out of the equation for a moment and how many people have decided to NOT go to WDW right now simply because of all the things they CAN'T do; parades, characters, shows, fireworks, buffets, etc, etc..... Some people are less worried about the virus and more put out that they are not getting their money's worth and thus decide to stay home.

I think EPCOT is probably impacted more than the other parks due to not having the cultural exchange program running at the moment and having fewer attractions to bring in visitors compared to the other parks. :(

I heard the same.
My concern is that closing places due to lack of business, while smart business wise, can become a self-fulfilling prophecy as fewer people will go if fewer places are open, and it just becomes a downward spiral. Take the "safety precautions" out of the equation for a moment and how many people have decided to NOT go to WDW right now simply because of all the things they CAN'T do; parades, characters, shows, fireworks, buffets, etc, etc..... Some people are less worried about the virus and more put out that they are not getting their money's worth and thus decide to stay home.

I think EPCOT is probably impacted more than the other parks due to not having the cultural exchange program running at the moment and having fewer attractions to bring in visitors compared to the other parks. :(

I think that Disney is making it worse for themselves by limiting their offerings. People are already on the fence about going at full price with what they have now. I am supposed to go in October but they just announced that they are cutting the hours even more. I am planned to go for 2 weeks but am seriously considering shortening or just down right cancelling. I am a die hard fan and when it is getting to the point when someone like me, who LOVES WDW, is considering not going, there is something seriously wrong.

I hope this restaurant comes back! We just discovered it last Summer after passing over it the previous two Summers! We actually ate there twice last year. We will be back in Dec. 2021 so I hope it is back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter