• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tastiest snacks at DL?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
So we’ve really enjoyed exploring the snacks at both Tokyo Disneyland and WDW over the past couple of years, but the last time we visited DL we were focused more on sit down restaurant meals and didn’t really take advantage of the snacking opportunities on offer...

So, aside from the obvious contenders (I'm thinking dole whips, turkey legs and pretty much anything at the Food & Wine Festival!) what should we make an effort to try out in DL next Spring because it's an especially tasty snack?

The chocolate peanut sandwiches are fantastic! They are sold in the candy shops like Candy Palace, Trolley Treats, and the one (can't remember the name) over by Splash Mountain. We always buy a tray of English toffee to bring home.

The corn dog is a must do treat at the Red Wagon by the Plaza on Main Street. And the beignets at the Mint Julep bar a nice mid-morning snack too.

My favorite thing is the Matterhorn Macaroon at Jolly Holiday!
I haven’t tried the Pineapple Lumpia at Tropical Hideaway yet, but if it’s the same as in Pandora I love that.
Oh, and I second Red Wagon corn dog.
I like the Ralph Brennan beignets best but you can’t go wrong with any beignets.
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s what I immediately thought of.

I haven't had it yet, but I'm looking forward to trying the Jack Jack cookie in Pixar Pier on our next trip! It looks amazing!

My absolute favourite sweet treat is the chocolate covered Smores treat shaped like a square - found in bakeries on Main Street/DL and in DCA. The Jack Jack chocolate chip cookie is the world's greatest mood booster. :)

The Red Wagon corn dog is my fave savoury snack, bar none. All in all, DL/DCA have the best theme park food IMO. But oh, the hours needed on the treadmill immediately after...

Last edited:
My absolute favourite sweet treat is the chocolate covered Smores treat shaped like a Michey head - found in bakeries on Main Street/DL and in DCA.

Hmmmmm I love to get the s’mores squares (chocolate covered s’mores with marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate filling) but I’ve never seen any shaped like a Mickey head. Are those prepackaged? The s’mores square does have a small, yellow,white chocolate mickey head on top.

Last edited:

Popcorn
Seasonal treats from Jolly Holiday
Matterhorn macaroon from Holly Holiday
Hot dog and film strip fries from Award Wieners (a meal but quick)
Dipped ice cream bar from Clarabelle’s
Soft service from Cozy Cone (used to offer chocolate dipped, which was my favorite but I don’t think the offer this anymore)
S’mores Square or chocolate marshmallow wand from Candy Palace or Trolly Treats

Our first treat is always a frozen banana, second is a churro and there is always a dole whip. Will have to try some of the treats listed above on our next visit.

The chocolate peanut sandwiches are fantastic! They are sold in the candy shops like Candy Palace, Trolley Treats, and the one (can't remember the name) over by Splash Mountain. We always buy a tray of English toffee to bring home.

The corn dog is a must do treat at the Red Wagon by the Plaza on Main Street. And the beignets at the Mint Julep bar a nice mid-morning snack too.
Pooh Corner...

:wizard:

Matterhorn macaroon, Raspberry Mickey macaron.... both at Jolly Holiday. Churros, dole whips, fresh pineapple spears, and Cream Cheese filled Pretzels... … just a few off the top of my head !

My favorite is a Mickey sugar cookie dipped in Dole Whip. I know, it sounds kind of odd, and there's nothing especially special about it, but mmmmmmmm! The only way I eat dole whip now!

Beignets are delish.

Pomme frites! Even better, I go to Cafe Orleans with a reservation at an off-meal time (typically 2pm) and have pomme frites and beignets for a whole meal.

Only 16 days until I get to eat endlessly in the parks! This thread is making me hungry.

The chili cone queso at Cozy Cone Motel! It’s a bit more than a snack, but less than a full meal. The bao buns at Tropical Hideaway are delicious!!

All of my other favorites have been mentioned. I second the corn dog from the Red Wagon! And of course Dole Whip!

I second the beignets from Ralph Brennan’s. A departure day tradition for us every time. Cozy cones bacon Mac and Cheese (we eat it as a meal), their speciality cone is always good and changes frequently. Churros. Bring on the churros.

CHURROS!!!!!!!!!!! I had never had one until 2 months ago and I really regret not having gotten one before! Also, there’s something very special about Disney popcorn. Mickey Mouse pretzels are good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter