Taxi fare to Sea World from the Dolphin?

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
Does anyone know the cost of a taxi to Sea World from the Epcot area? We are staying @ the Dolphin the first two nights and need a taxi ride for 7/4 to Sea World and back.

My mother and I went to Seaworld on Monday, May 12th from Disney's Old Key West Resort. We had called Mears at 407-423-5566 the day before for a shuttle pick-up (they would pick-up other guests from other resorts too). It cost $13.00 per person for round trip and not including gratuities. You can pay the driver and he will give you a stub/receipt for the return ticket. While at the park you just call 2 or 3 hours before the time you want to leave. The driver will tell you this. But ask if he does not.

While we were waiting for the shuttle a man came over to us in a suit (with the Florida sun ouch) asking us if we were (our last name), party of two for Seaworld. After saying yes he said that Mears sent us a towncar becasue the shuttle was running late. He told us the price would still be $13.00 for us because of their delay. I forgot how much he said a town car was round trip for a party of five. I think $40.00. He held open the doors for us both ways. When we arrived at Seaworld he told us he would open the door so that everyone would wonder who we were.:D It was great. We had a shuttle coming back and we were the second party of three different places being dropped off.

To make it even easier, there is Mear's desk in the lobby of the Dolphin. You can arrange your transportation right there.

Mears for 6 might be too expensive. I'm thinking maybe I'll just rent a car. Even though we're staying onsite the whole time, I need to hire a limo ($150 + tips) and then a r/t taxi ride for Sea World (which looks like it would be $60+). A full-size car shouldn't be that much more for the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter