Taxi & Uber at WDW

yaya74

DIS Veteran
I have never taken a taxi or uber at WDW. How does it work at WDW? Are taxis lining up outside of the park like in NYC? Is it easy to get a Uber? We usually have our car with us when we visit. We are now considering flying. DH is not a fan of Disney buses so I need to figure out how to take a taxi/uber at WDW. I know there is the option of Minnie Van but I wonder if taxi and Uber would be cheaper than $25.

TIA.

If you do not need a car seat, Uber or Lyft is always going to be cheaper. If you need car seat, it's not.

Taxi's are there waiting, no idea about if it's like NYC, never been. But I imagine it's what it's like there. Usually at parks and sometimes at resorts but if not at the resorts, bell services will call for one.

Uber/Lyft are plentiful in the WDW area. We use it very often.

At MK, you have to take the Monorail or Ferryboat to get to the taxi stand and rideshare pickup at the TTC, but that's the same as if you had driven. If there are crowds, you can also walk to CR and get a taxi there.

At TTC and the other parks, there are usually taxis waiting starting around 11 a.m. until a while past closing. At the resorts, there are usually taxis waiting in the check-in parking lot until they're called for by bell services.

Uber & Lyft can pick up and drop off at all parks & resorts except MK.

You can get comparative taxi, Uber, and Lyft fare estimates from RideGuru.com and I have found them to be pretty accurate. With either Uber or Lyft, you will get an actual fare quote prior to placing your ride request.

I'm not sure how Lyft operates in the Orlando market, but with Uber the price you are quoted will be the price you pay regardless of traffic, detours, or any other factors.

If you have more than 4 people, with no luggage, you will need Uber XL, Lyft Plus, or MinnieVan. MinnieVans do not go offsite, except to MCO for $150. Regular MinnieVan fares are $25 regardless of distance.

With the saturation of drivers in the WDW area, you should be boarding an Uber or Lyft within minutes of placing your ride request. At many venues, drivers wait in a staging lot and an electronic queue is used to relieve congestion at the actual pickup points. Many Disney venues have designated pickup areas as Joel referenced above, and drivers are not allowed to pick up in other spots.

We used Uber/lyft several times during our last trip and would do it again in a heart beat. You can’t beat the cost and availability. We also had great conversations with our drivers. Download the app and your set
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter