• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

taxis

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Well, it's going to be an all night journey for us from Haifa to DLP - two hours by shuttle to the airport, the 3 hours in the airport, 5 hours on the plane...arriving CDG 5:30 AM! I just found out the first VEA bus to Disneyland hotels is 3 hours later! So it looks like we'll have to take a taxi... has anyone done this? How much can we expect to pay? Thanks!
Jody

Jody,

I haven't, but I wanted to supply another possible solution.. You might want to look into having a car/van service pick you up.....it may end up beeing cheaper....

Good luck!

Yes, this is what we always do in Orlando... I hadn't thought about it for Paris - great idea! Any idea as to companies? Anyone else know about taxi fares?
Thanks!
Jody

How much is a taxi from CDG to Disney? How long is a piece of string?!!! I've heard all sorts of prices on this board, ranging from about 35 to 100 euros one way. :eek:

The only towncar company type thing I've been able to find is this one The prices given are also just one way, and if picking up after 7 pm they add 15 euros, so a 5.30 am pick up may incur a similar charge! You may be better off taking your chances with the taxis!!

Thank you Becky! I'm going to check out the leads you gave me!
I only need one way... for the return we can use the VEA shuttle...

you live in haifa?
wow...i'm not all that far away....well i am in local terms, but not in disboard terms...(think raanana)..

anyway, a taxi will probably cost more than the flight.....although i don't know how far charles de gaulle is from DLP.....

when we were there, we stayed in paris and took the train for our one day visit (not recommended.....i found the trains/metro to be somewhat seedy....)

Beth! I can't believe it - someone from Raanana answering me on the boards! That's very cool! (As you can see I'm easily excited! :flower1: )

The taxi doesn't exactly cost "more than the flight" but it isn't cheap either. We are taking an Arkia charter flight and Arkia has a deal (I finally found out) with Euro City Taxi, which will meet our flight and get us to Disney for 75 Euros - about 15 Euros cheaper than what the other town car services were quoting. So being without choice - we'll do that one way, and the VEA shuttle to get back for our return flight.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to find out there is at least one more Disneyholic in Israel!!!

:Pinkbounc

MickeyMcMouse said:
We did this in May - 77 euros and around 20 - 25 mins in time.

Was this with any particular taxi firm, or did you just hop in a taxi outside the terminal?

actually i know quite a few disneyholics here....(even a guy i work with)...

but in any case, in my family there are 3 diehards (me, my son and my daughter) with my husband tagging along and happy to be with us wherever that is...

looking at your list of visits and resorts, chances are we even may have overlapped...

we've been going every year for the last 30+ years and we're still not tired of it..

by the way, we were at DLP about 5 years ago....it's interesting, but nevertheless there are european aspects to it that we found annoying...specifically that feeling that we had to guard our place in line....something that we never really feel at WDW....but coming from israel, you'll feel right at home....

the next non-WDW disney park on our schedule is tokyo disneyland (i was last there 20 years ago) and disneysea....
but my son decided to wait until hong kong is finished...that way we can hit both HK and japan in the same trip....

Just inside the door, there is a customer service point where we checked the price to DLP and then just walked outside to the first taxi, who quoted us 77 euros.

We were told 75 - 80 euros inside so just jumped in. Didn't know we were getting Nigel Mansell for a driver though :moped: :D

David

when we traveled to paris we used a limousine service that met us at the airport (with our names on a sign and all that)...
we wanted to be sure we had a car large enough for the 4 of us plus our luggage.

and also the pre-hired cars have less of a tendency for that Nigel Mansell type driving problem (and in France that can be a very good thing)....

From what I understand this will be the case with Euro City Taxi - the ones we signed up with that we got the "deal" with from Arkia. For 75 Euros they will meet our flight, help with luggage and all that, and deposit us at Disneyland Hotel - all before the birds wake up! :flower1:

You could also take the TGV bullet train from the airport terminal 2 to disney only a few minutes walk from the hotels. It takes 10 minutes to go from the airport to disney and there are early trains. If you are interested I can help you with prices and times.

I had considered that actually, but we arrive at terminal 3... and the thought of having to drag our bags (we're going for a week.. in winter... so those bags are heavy!) to another terminal, and then over to the hotel from the station at Disney... I decided to go with the more expensive but pampering taxi ride that meets our flight and takes us to the door of the hotel.
:D :flower1: :D

Yes I understand not wanting to drag your bags all over the place if you have lots of them! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter