Teachers (particularly Elem!)-help me!

One thing our elementary school does is to put up a board with all of the teachers' colleges on it. So, imagine pictures of all the school logos. Then, each of the logos is surrounded by pictures of which teachers went there. Maybe not great for a "welcome" board, but it's a neat thing to remind kids about the future and the different options that are out there.

500 kids is a LOT! Will the kids be in school before the open house? Cover the bulletin board with paper and put up some kind of a "welcome back" greeting or something like that. Then use bingo markers or ink pads and have each kid put their thumbprint on the paper-covered board. They could use sharpies to put smiley faces on their thumbprint and then sign their name under it. Try to be creative with the greeting; "We are Thumb-thing Special!" is about the best I can come up with!

Collaboration LOL

There's at least one person there with a bunch of pictures.

In my school the payroll secretary, one of the APs, guidance counselor and the parent coordinator have are like the paparazzi.

You could take a few group shots on your phone, then have them printed over the weekend

No, that is difficult. With 500 kids and I have no idea what the school culture is like, I am not going to post random pictures. None of the other boards have pictures of kids, I am not even sure it is ok to do that.

500 kids is a LOT! Will the kids be in school before the open house? Cover the bulletin board with paper and put up some kind of a "welcome back" greeting or something like that. Then use bingo markers or ink pads and have each kid put their thumbprint on the paper-covered board. They could use sharpies to put smiley faces on their thumbprint and then sign their name under it. Try to be creative with the greeting; "We are Thumb-thing Special!" is about the best I can come up with!

No, kids don't come until the following Monday.

One thing our elementary school does is to put up a board with all of the teachers' colleges on it. So, imagine pictures of all the school logos. Then, each of the logos is surrounded by pictures of which teachers went there. Maybe not great for a "welcome" board, but it's a neat thing to remind kids about the future and the different options that are out there.

No time, and I don't know the teachers. We have had meetings, meetings, and more meetings. And then teachers have been in and out of their rooms getting stuff together. Since I don't know them, it is difficult to get that together.

Maybe once I am there a while.

Go to teacherspayteachers.com. Lots of ideas, some are free.

Yes, thanks. I have already mentioned this and ended up going with the one I mentioned upthread.

I have gotten compliments on it, so I guess it is ok.

Something that has worked well for me: Go to Walmart and buy the cheapest flat twin bedsheet you can find. It works so much better than typical bulletin board paper. It doesn't rip. And if you have to go back and correct, the holes you've made just disappear.

Cover the cut edges with me border and you're on your way.

Any letters on your board go up from the middle out-- that way everything will be centered.

The board in our main hallway (that coincidentally our Counselor put up) is something like this...

https://www.google.com/search?q=be+bulletin+board&tbm=isch&imgil=fJn23SDgFWG-xM%3A%3Bc1XW7UCIiiBuEM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.pinterest.com%252Fexplore%252Fbe-bulletin-board%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=fJn23SDgFWG-xM%3A%2Cc1XW7UCIiiBuEM%2C_&usg=__k3xW8Z40Cm5vqXLcoWTnGYM4nIc=&biw=1440&bih=838&ved=0ahUKEwjtrIqC5e_VAhVJ44MKHSLVDnQQyjcIMw&ei=e7ueWa2DJMnGjwSiqrugBw#imgrc=fJn23SDgFWG-xM:

It seems like it would be pretty easy to make- just a computer and card stock. If the board needs to be covered, I agree that twin sheets work well but if you're spending your own money if you use anything not at school, I'd stick with paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter