Team Hakuna Matata - MAY Thread!

Hi All!!!

As Panda said I got released to go back to work:cool1: !! I really like what I do and the people I work with!

Scott hope you are feeling better!pixiedust

Mike here is some pixiedust: for you!

Erica:)

Yeah...Sweet Erica! Good News on the Released to Go Back to Work and sounds like you are getting some nice walks in :goodvibes

Ouch, Scott - Ice, Rest, Bio-Freeze, and Ibuprofen

What Happened to Spring! It is hot and humid in Michigan this week.

Thanks, Panda: Nana duties have long hours and do keep me busy. I think Hagen is going to do the 'Terrible Two's' very early and using those big blue eyes & cute smile :rolleyes1

Need to get out the door to get a walk in ahead of the forecasted thunder storms. ::yes::

I got my 5 miles in yesterday! First time since the surgery and it's only going to get better. I was scheduled for 4, but I ran at a S L O W pace for the first two because my DF decided to go with me and he hasn't been out to run in months. So after mile 1 I knew he needed to go home...turned around and he got his bike out. He ended up riding for another 3 miles with me. It was super nice to have the company! Only one problem with my runs now...DEER FLIES! I hate them.

Erica - Sounds like you are doing great! And that's great news that you are back to work!!

Scott - I agree with the ibuprofen! 800's preferably (if you can get your hands on some)!

Sue - I get that way too sometimes and I had found a list (maybe on Runner's World site) that tells you 100 ways to break a funk. Hold on....umm....found it

Click here!

Lynn - That basement sounds very very cool!! You will have to post pics of the progress!!!

Hope all of you have a great day!

Got the morning run in and having a little breakfast before cleaning up and going to work.

Deer Flies suck, they are mean.

Will post pics of basement, good reminder for Lynn to take more pics.

Keep up the good work.

Later

Hi Everyone!

I haven't had time to stay caught up! The gandkids have kept me hopping. I will catch up my reading today, though. In the meantime, I will also catch our team up on the spreadsheets! I am sure you have all done an amazing job making up for me in my temporary absence.

My DD is doing realy well. She is recovering from her surgery. With the kids now staying with their dad, she can get the sleep she needs. Thanks for your prayers and PD!

Good morning!

Kids are at camp this week so it's rather quiet at home. I'm heading to the gym soon. I had a pretty good -- but short (2miles) -- run Saturday morning. Maybe it was good because it was short?? Anyway, I did take 4 minutes off my time so I'm pretty happy about that. Hoping I can keep that up as my runs start to get longer again.

Erica -- glad to hear you are able to get back to work. :thumbsup2

Scott -- hope you are feeling better soon! :wizard:

We turn in our miles tomorrow. Is that correct?? TIA!

Kristen

Thanks for all the well wishes I am ok, felt good after this mornings run.

Later back to work.

Good afternoon team!

We got out this morning for a short walk, then I took my Garmin with us while we played tourist, and logged another mile.

Erica - congrats on being released for work! Sounds like you are doing a good job with the walking also!

I will take some more pictures after I get the room painted, right now, it is not much to look at.

Have a great day!

Lynn

Hi Everybody!!!

Did a really nice 4 miler at approx 15 min pace with Dave!! I had planned on 4 miles, but had to walk a little faster than planned to keep up with Dave's stroll. I am soaking my tootsies in cool epsom salt water.

Hi Everybody!!!

Did a really nice 4 miler at approx 15 min pace with Dave!! I had planned on 4 miles, but had to walk a little faster than planned to keep up with Dave's stroll. I am soaking my tootsies in cool epsom salt water.

Hey now I kept asking her if the pace was ok. So don't be lynching me guys.

I had a good workout this morning and then the 4 miles with Erica this afternoon. So total today was 8.25 miles and 3 hours of traning.

Don't let nobody steal your joy guys we are Marathon bound, Jan 09.

Walking Panda:hippie:

I know I've been missing lately but, I'm still working in the living room and we did stop to celebrate my son Nick's b-day on Memorial Day.

Here is a picture of the cake that Miranda made and in front of it is a foam ax that Nick made for a movie he's currently working on. Cake was really cool but more important really good to eat YUM.

2991617_p.jpg

hope it works!

denise

P.S. and I did manage to do 4 miles yesterday. Today I had hair-do, some of us have our priorities.

The rest of the cake here:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/myphotos?action=refreshPhotos&albumID=30719683&security=ECRMoNGVre

Good Morning All!! :wave2:

I went out in the foggy, muggy rain this morning and got 3 miles in. It felt great. This might sound stupid, but I love being "that crazy person" running in the rain that the people in thier dry cars are looking at saying "Good for her!" or "I should be out doing that!". It gives a bit of excitement to my boring 3 mile route. Anywho...just a quick check in as I'm already in the office for the day. Hope everybody has a reat day!

Oh and with the last "week" ending on the 31st...when do we post for this weeks totals? :confused3

What do you guys think. I tend to take Wed and Sunday was rest days, I think Dave takes the weekend, is htis a good plan whadda youse guys think???

Looks like we are in for a couple of wet days here.

Enjoy the day, back to work here

Hi everyone! Just stopping by to say hi! It's a humid cool day here - no sunshine :( but that's ok since I'm just stuck inside the office anyway. We're suppose to get some sunny and hot weather this weekend so I'm looking forward to that - except I'll have to get up earlier for my run. I'm not much of a morning person in general.

Scott - My rest days are Tuesday and Friday. More so Friday because I sometimes go to my PT on Tuesdays. But those are the two days that I definitely don't run on.

Erica - Good job on the walk! I don't even think I can keep up a 15 min pace while walking for very long.

Denise - That's a super cool cake! It must have taken you a long time to make! What's the movie that Nick is working on?

Hi Guys, Connie is having fun with grandkids, while mom is laid up so she hasn't had much time. I'll start a June thread for us tonight if she doesn't get a chance to come up for air.

I had a very nice 4.5 miles in the wind this morning. It was hot and humid but the breeze made it feel wonderfull. I walked up to the top of the WKU and back to the health club. Right by where the dog adventure occured on Saturday morning.

Erica will do a walk in the mall today.

Have a great day y'all.

Walking Panda:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter