Technological Advances and their impact on Visiting WDW

Golter

DIS Veteran
I can remember my first trip to WDW, 1977, I was 6 we had to buy individual tickets to each of the attractions. I was hooked from day one. Through the years I cannot believe how much life has changed and made the trip so much more enjoyable. I've listed a few of them below. Please add some things that you have discovered that makes your trip so much more enjoyable.

1. The internet. The information that is at your fingertips has made planning your trip so much easier.

2. The cell phone with nationwide long-distance. I can call from anywhere to anywhere. I can remember waiting in lines at the pay phones..not any more.

3. The Visa Check card. Are you kidding me, no more travelers checks. No interest charges, no check writing.

4. Hand held camcorders, if they get any smaller they will fit in your pocket.

5. Hand held walkie talkies. No more meet you under the castle at 3:00, you can be in constant communication with all in your party.

Those are a few I believe have made the biggest difference for me and my family, interested to hear your responses.

How about the new monorails. I was 5 (and at WDW) in 1977. Think back to when the monorails had nothing but rows of seats. They move people a lot more efficiently now!

Some of my favorites:

Misty mate fans for keeping cool
Bandaid Blister Blocker strips so I don't come home with so many blisters
Pre-paid phone cards so I don't come home to a huge phone bill

Also, the quality and variety of walking shoes has improved quite a bit. So have the bags to haul your gear - there are backpacks, fanny packs, etc. to suit just about everybody.

Neat thread - I'll be checking back to see some of the other responses.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter