teen birthday?

sevenreeses

Earning My Ears
We will be at the park on my DD's 17th birthday. This is our first trip to WDW - we live in the west and usually do DL. I would like to do something special for her that day. When I suggested we do a character meal, she informed me she's turning 17, not 7. Can anyone give me some tips? My DS has suggested some of the off-site meals - like the medievel dinner shows. But those things are available any time, I'd like to do something that can be done anywhere but at WDW. Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated!

Why not try to find a resturant that is themed to something she is into right now. The coral reef if she likes the ocean thing or rain forest if she likes animals. She might also like a more grown up resturant such as the Calafornia Grill or if she would be into it and you don't have younger children, try Victoria & Alberts if it's in your budget. I remember going through a time when I thought I was too old for characters . It was just about that age.Now 20 years later I know I will never outgrow them. Just hope my kids don't. Have a special time!!

Jordan's mom

We celebrated our daughter's 14th birthday at WDW. We stayed at the Beach Club and she started the day with a pedicure and manicure at the salon there. That night, we had dinner at Yachtsmens Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. When we made our reservations, we told them we would be celebrating a birthday. The night of the dinner, the waiters made a big deal about her birthday. They brought out a cake and had the other wait staff come around the table and had the entire section of the restaurant join in singing Happy Birthday. She thought it was a great way to celebrate! That was 9 years ago. If I were doing it today, I would probably have dinner there, and then walk out and take an Illumination's Cruise. We have surprised our guests with the cruise several times, and everyone agrees, it is the greatest way to make the day even more special! Happy planning!

I hadn't thought of the spa - she'd love that! There are so many good options, it's hard to get it narrowed down!

My daughter loved the tea at the Grand Floridian. We dressed up and made an occasion of it. It's a nice experience that won't break your budget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter