Teens and shopping in Italy

SLK1

DIS Veteran
Most of the posts and trip reports from Viva Italia make mention of lots of shopping on this tour. I will have my 15-year-old son with me and he hates shopping (always has!). I know just being in Italy will be outstanding for him, but for those who have done this trip with teens, or have been on a tour with teens, what did they do during all this shopping? Did you hear any of them complain? Was it enough to just see all the different sights and markets/shops that they didn't realize they were shopping? Any suggestions or thoughts?

There were several teenage boys and girls on our recent Viva trip. The girls loved the shopping! The boys often seemed to prefer other things. There was one family where the mom and daughter shopped and the dad and son took in the sights. You really don't need to spend a lot of time shopping, there is plenty to see and do. For example, we didn't plan an activity for the afternoon in Florence, but really wished we had (the Uffizi or science museum would have been a much better choice than wandering the shops). In Orvieto, you could explore caves, climb the bell tower, or just shop. Let me know if you have more questions about specific places.

--and the trip was just amazing, you and your son will LOVE it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter