• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Candlelight Processional

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
A friend mentioned it and I had never heard of it. Would a three year old enjoy it? What does it mean includes dinner package?

It's held at the America pavillion amphitheater in Epcot. It has beautiful Christmas music and a celebrity narrates the Christmas story. I find it to be very moving, but I don't know how a 3 year old would handle it because it does involve sitting still for quite some time. You can go to the Candlelight Processional in one of two ways--via a dining package or standby. Even with the dining package, you will be standing in line for about an hour before getting into the amphitheater. Standby can be very, very long depending on the narrator.

For young children I compare it to attending a church service. Choir, orchestra, readings, with a long line to attend before the show, even with a dining package. If a child would get too squirmy waiting in line, or could not be attentive for a long church service, probably not a good idea.

Even with the dining package, you will be standing in line for about an hour before getting into the amphitheater. Standby can be very, very long depending on the narrator.

I saw people in the queue for the next CP show back in November, and that show was a couple of hours away!

What we did was to listen to some of the music from outside the amphitheater seating area in the American pavilion. In some areas, you can see the stage from a distance.

IMHO, I personally don't see the attraction, but I know that people love it. CP does seem to bump up attendance in Epcot - my wife overheard several people on our last trip say the only reason they came to Epcot was to see CP.

You can sometimes get seats in the very back or you can stand & watch it.....that would probably be best with a 3 year old. The stage is lit in pretty colors & the singers are loud so I would think you could listen to a few songs depending on your toddler.

We go and take the kids every year on Christmas Eve. It's part of our Christmas and is awesome. Thinking back my son would have been three the first year that we went. But the kids have also been going to church since birth and know the Christmas story and the Christmas songs. We do the package and don't wait in the standby line, so that helps. Once they let you in and you get your seat, you can get back up and get a drink / go to the bathroom if one of us stays to save the seat. They normally have a password you give them to get back in. This is done before the performance starts of course. I think they usually start seating at least 30 minutes before it starts ... I don't remember the exact time.

Even with the dining package, I've had to stand in line for an hour and I was well back in that line. The two CPs I've gone to were Whoopi and NPH and they are very popular so that may have had something to do with the dining package line being started so far in advance.

I saw people in the queue for the next CP show back in November, and that show was a couple of hours away!

What we did was to listen to some of the music from outside the amphitheater seating area in the American pavilion. In some areas, you can see the stage from a distance.

IMHO, I personally don't see the attraction, but I know that people love it. CP does seem to bump up attendance in Epcot - my wife overheard several people on our last trip say the only reason they came to Epcot was to see CP.

Nice to know you can listen to some outside of the amphitheater! Doubt my 2.5 will sit through it so probably going to pass.

Even with the dining package, I've had to stand in line for an hour and I was well back in that line. The two CPs I've gone to were Whoopi and NPH and they are very popular so that may have had something to do with the dining package line being started so far in advance.
Those two will have huge lines (both stand-by & dining package) for all performances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter