Tell me about L'Originale Alfredo of Rome

sm4987

<font color=deeppink>What us women do to be beauti
We have PS there, and I haven't heard that many review of it. How is the food, the service? I know it's expensive, but hey, we're at Disney :D

I love the Le Originali Fettuccine Alfredo - but I don't love the atmosphere of this place. It seemed on our last couple visits because it is so popular they have crowded a ton of tables in, and where we were seated we were regularly bumped into, and actually had to move the table for me to get out. This may have changed, but if I could get the pasta and not eat in the restaurant I would do that.

I think it's one of those restaurants that you either love or hate. When we first went there it was wonderful but with each visit after we found both the service and food to be going rapidly downhill. Now it's on our "I don't care if I ever go back" list. If you like sitting on top of one another and eating fetuccini alfredo that you can put wallpaper up with, I guess you'll like it. Unless you try it you'll never know.

We ate there last Dec and my dd and I loved it. Then we ate there again, with dh, in August. It was not good. The service was horrible. That could have been our server tho. It seemed that the manager was constantly calling..."Rudy, please do such and such." Yes, Rudy was our server. The food was mediocre. And we were shoved in like little ole sardines. It's okay but we actually liked Marrakesh much better.

We have only been there once, but it is one of the few places we have no desire to return to. As one poster mentioned, the tables are crammed together. They encourage the kids to wave their napkins in the air. The problem with this is that you get hit in the head by the kids at the next table ... that is how close the tables are!

The food was ok, service was ok.. just don't cram me in like that! There are so many great places to eat at WDW, I will not be going back.

Ugh, Alfredo's. I haven't done my review/pictures of it yet, but it's definitely not getting a good review.

The server was VERY pushy (I'd heard this from other people), strongly suggesting us to order the very expensive things (antipasto, expensive entrees, dessert sampler). The food was so-so. My FH enjoyed his veal picatta, but I ordered the pasta sampler and each pasta was a different temperature. VERY different. The gnocchi was pasty, the fettucini was just not good (did not taste authentic). The lasagna was actually good, though. The tiramisu was made with whipped cream, not marscapone.

There really wasn't any atmosphere for me, either. It was LOUD.

Honestly, I love good, authentic Italian - and I'd rather go to Olive Garden than Alfredo's again.

The first time we ate there the food was just ok but we had TERRIBLE service. We had the rudest waiter I have ever encountered. I left saying never again but about a year ago I decided we should give it another chance. This time our waiter was friendly but he was rushed and overwhelmed. It was very cramped and extremely loud in the main dining room. Very hard to have dinner conversation. The food was once again "ok" not bad, but not any better than a chain and certainly not as good as homemade can be. That being said, you might love it. I would recommend going for either an early or late lunch when it isn't as crowded.

That place has been such a hit or miss with us.

First time- It was fantastic, great food, great atmosphere, great service.

2nd trip- Eh, lousy table, OK service, food was still good though.

3rd trip- Once again fantastic over all.

4th trip- Eh again.

When it was good it was really great but when it was *eh* it felt like a huge waste of money.

I really enjoyed it when I went. I split the pasta sampler with a friend on the recommendation of our waiter (clearly not trying to make lots of money off of us) and we had so much food left over. The food was amazing, our server was great. I do have to agree however that the tabled were crammed in. As for service I feel you really cant predict that. It's based on your individual server. O and I also never experienced children whipping their napkins around, but I went for a late dinner.

Alfredo's seems to get a wide variety of opinions. We were there in August and again in November. Both times were fabulous. We had a wonderful waitress the first time "Cinzia" and a terrific waiter the second time. We went to a late lunch both times. I would not try to go at the height of the lunch or dinner hour.

Unlike one of the posters above, we thought the fettucine alfredo was not just good, but outstanding. I won't even order it anywhere else again. Alfredo's seems to be the original thing -- just butter and cheese. No thick, gummy white sauce. We love it. We also had the pasta sampler and loved the lasagna as well. We weren't so crazy about the gnocchi. However, the spaghetti with meatballs was excellent. The calamari appetizer is also very good. And we really love the Tiramisu.

They also have an impressive wine list. There is an Amarone available by the half bottle that is phenomenal.

Well, there you have it. The opinions vary widely!

We have been here twice and both times the food was good but expensive for what you get. The service was good as well but we also went between 2 and 3 pm so it was not crowded ! I don't think I would like seating when the place is mobbed it is just to close.

Ruby princess:

We have a 4:30 early dinner/late lunch P.S. at Alfredo's on Christmas Day. I'm wondering how crowded it will be then.

As others have mentioned, you leave the restaurant feeling like you know those seated at the tables next to you intimately. We were almost uncomfortable trying so hard to not eavesdrop on others conversations. We wanted to eat outside, but it was raining. :( As far as the food, I think it depends on personal taste. Pasta in alfredo sauce is actually my favorite dish, but I didn't care for theirs at all. I like it creamy, and theirs reminded me of shells with a gob of mozarella cheese melted on it. It was very heavy. For those who like their Italian heavy & robust, this would be an excellent meal. However, I would ask to be seated outside, if the weather is nice. Give Alfredo's a try! Hopefully, you will be in the "love it" category. Enjoy your trip! :)

ElizabethB said:
Unlike one of the posters above, we thought the fettucine alfredo was not just good, but outstanding. I won't even order it anywhere else again. Alfredo's seems to be the original thing -- just butter and cheese. No thick, gummy white sauce. We love it. We also had the pasta sampler and loved the lasagna as well. We weren't so crazy about the gnocchi. However, the spaghetti with meatballs was excellent. The calamari appetizer is also very good. And we really love the Tiramisu.

Oh, I did realize that one of the problems with my fettucine was that it was probably pre-made for the sampler plate, instead of made fresh. I'm sure it made a huge difference.

We ate there Monday night with our CP package. We were in the back room, table setup was not bad. We had the triple pasta plate, thought it was very good. Caesar Salad for appetizer. We got the dessert sample plate, you are allowed 1 for 2 CP packages. Service was great! We took half of our entrees and the entire dessert back to the room for lunch on Tuesday (BW Villas, have fridge & microwave).

Alfredo's has always been a family favorite until we went to PALIO'S in the Swan hotel. Try that sometime and you will probably never go back to Alfredo's.

Alfredo's has been moving up in our book......from hate it in the past to very good on our last trip. The food has always been good, and maybe a little pricey depending on what you are used to. Where Alfredo's seems to be hit or miss with people is the atmosphere and the service. The place is huge, but the tables are a little cramped and the entire place is a bit noisy. Some hate that, but we don't really mind. Service is the big thing. We've been there and had terrible service from a rude and inattentive waiter (why we used to hate it) and other times we've had the friendliest, most helpful waiter (why we are high on Alfredo's after our last trip). That makes Alfredo's hard to give an opinion on. You never know how someone will react to the atmosphere, and you never know what kind of service they will get.....but the food is always good.

We'll be going back.......at least until the next bad experience turns us off again.

On our last trip we had the antipasto for two (very good), DW had the veal picatta (good), I had the osso buco (very good). For dessert the DW and I both had a sampler (very good) and a cappuccino (very strong). Add in a soda and an iced tea and the food total was about $98, with tax and tip about $120.........and the waiter was extremely helpful in getting us to order all that food and covering it with one adult and one child Vacation Kingdom Lunch Voucher (which cost us about $43 total). That was really nice. The kids had the fettuchini and a pizza (both very good).

sm4987 said:
We have PS there, and I haven't heard that many review of it. How is the food, the service? I know it's expensive, but hey, we're at Disney :D
We've eaten there a couple of times each for both dinner and lunch. I know this is going to sound strange, but we've observed better, friendlier service when we ordered wine with our meal. Otherwise, the waitstaff was quite unpleasant (and really, it doesn't take too much to please me so I'm not being picky). Just a strange observation.

We like the food, so it generally makes up for some bad service we've experienced.

The novelty of this restaurant has for years escaped me. People, it's Italian food! What's so delectable about walking around a theme park with all those carbs and starches in your belly?

The reson Alfredo's is so popular has more to do with familiarity. Be adventurous! Eat unfamiliar cuisine (at Marrakesh, for example). Every city in America has at least a few decent to superb Italian restaurants. You can scratch Alfredo's off your list without an ounce of guilt.

sotoalf said:
The reson Alfredo's is so popular has more to do with familiarity. Be adventurous! Eat unfamiliar cuisine (at Marrakesh, for example). Every city in America has at least a few decent to superb Italian restaurants. You can scratch Alfredo's off your list without an ounce of guilt.
Perhaps some people don't like to or don't want to be adventurous. Some like familiarity...especially when the food at WDW cost an arm and a leg. There's nothing worse to me (food-wise) than to waste a ton of money on food you don't have the taste or stomach for. But you don't find this out until you've already sunk the cash into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter